Ended MEAL Officer
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Department: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
Reports To: Deputy Manager
Location: Aden, Yemen
FMF is implementing "Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) program" in order to leave behind stronger, more cohesive and resilient partner communities in Aden, Lahj, Abyan for a duration of 12 months. This goal will be achieved by working through building the capacity of Community Enhancement Teams, municipalities/local governments, and Community Based Organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The MEL Officer is a key position in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) department of the YCST. The Manager must be able to effectively manage a skilled team as well as technically capable of driving the MEAL requirements of a large and diverse program in the recovery sector. Under the overall supervision of the Deputy manager and Project Manager, the post-holder will directly supervise Reporting Specialist and three MEAL Assistants. The Officer is expected to perform below responsibilities and any other duties as assigned. These duties are representative of the nature of work and not all-inclusive.
- Ensures the implementation of the Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting on performance indicators.
- Maintains a calendar for preparation and submission of performance monitoring reports.
- Ensures the program activities and sites receive documented monitoring visits from the MEAL team as per field monitoring schedule.
- Ensures the progress towards the implementation of the workplans is monitored and reported as per implementation monitoring schedule.
- Oversees data collection processes and data quality.
- Ensure best practices, challenges and lessons learned are documented.
- Ensures the learning forums are established and learning sessions are supported by the MEAL team with the required data and information.
- Assists the Deputy Manager in close collaboration with technical staff to develop the learning agenda and identify the learning themes.
- Coordinates with other Global Communities programs in establishment of accountability mechanisms to seek individual feedback from stakeholders.
- Promotes use of stakeholder feedback in program discussions and encourage the regular uptake of feedback across three objectives of the YCST.
Deliverables and Reporting
- Coordinates and manages MEAL tasks and deliverables for the YCST in the targeted governorates.
- Coordinates and supports technical team establish community dashboards in all targeted communities.
- Ensures that all required reports and documentation for the program’s internal management systems and for external reporting are produced according to FMF and donor requirements.
Leadership and Management
- Assist the Deputy Manager in identifying the staffing needs for the YCST program.
- Develop performance objectives for the supervised staff and technically support and supervise them on achieving these objectives.
- Conduct training needs analysis of supervised staff and identify their development needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Business Administration or a relevant field, with minimum 3 years of experience in program monitoring, evaluation, and learning as well as establishing accountability mechanisms.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of email.