Ended Senior Community Mobilizer
Job Title: Senior Community mobilizer
Reports To: Deputy Program Manager.
Location: Aden, Lahj , Abyan
FMF is implementing "Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) program" in order to leave behind stronger, more cohesive and resilient partner communities in Aden, Lahj , Abyan for a duration of 12 months. This goal will be achieved by working through building the capacity of Community Enhancement Teams, municipalities/local governments, and Community Based Organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversee the overall implementation of YCST program and Community Engagement Activities in the targeted Governorates.
- Train, mentor and coach Community mobilizers (CMs) in community engagement methods, all program principles and ensure their effective performance
- Oversee and coordinate the work with the mobilizers
- Work with CMs to develop and follow-up weekly and monthly plans for community activities
- Coordinate with the technical person and CMs to design and follow up on community projects activities
- Work with the gender team and CMs to ensure effective gender mainstreaming through program.
- Coordinate shared cross cutting activities among communities and governorates
- Facilitate training for program and community members
- Lead and/or facilitate Community Wide Meeting in the communities.
- Review reports and update into the reporting system.
- Work closely with the community engagement team to design community engagement activities.
- Supervise and assist in the design and implementation of community project.
- Work with Community Engagement Officers and grants officer to review grants reporting.
- Ensure cross-program integration, learning, sharing and adoption of best practice.
- Ensure effective integration and mainstreaming of gender into all programs.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- The Senior Community Mobilizers will begin the community engagement process by meeting with local leaders, formal and traditional, to introduce the program.
- Senior community mobilizer will also conduct a rapid two-days community asset and leadership mapping.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills (both verbal and written) with an operational knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Sociology, Social Work or any related field, with significant course components in either community development, social work, communications, or post-secondary education and training with significant prior experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in community development and/or mobilization preferably with an international organization.
- The Sr. CMs will be from the same governorates where FMF is implementing the project.
- Ability to communicate and respond in English.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to Field Medical Foundation ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of email.