Ended Finance Assistant
Position: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Finance Officer
Duration: Till December 31, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
RI is looking to hire a Finance Assistant within its finance department in Hajjah to help in routine daily financial activities which include financial transactions review, booking, filing, scanning and maintaining essential records and supporting documents.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out the calculation of the payroll
- Maintains payee statement records for all suppliers.
- Support the day-to-day operations covering financial accounting services, which include accounts payable, reconciliation of inputs and verifying accuracy of processing of travel claims, preparation of journal, and month-end accounts closing update.
- Ensure the clear/complete description in all financial documents (Purchase Request, Request for Payments...etc.);
- Assisting in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures & systems
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Maintain a schedule for payment of utilities and lease agreements
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting.
- Experience in auditing, accounting/finance no less than 2 years.
- INGO experience is preferable.
- Ability to work under highly stressful conditions
- Excel skills
- Familiarity with business principles and practices
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight December 9, 2018.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted