Ended Project Coordinator
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: Al Dhale’e with regular travel to Aden
JOB FAMILY: Programme
SALARY: See national pay ranges
LEVEL: National, C2
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and injustice suffering
TEAM PURPOSE: This post will be part of the Oxfam Aden and Al Dhale’e team to provide support in the implementation, delivery and management of the emergency Food Security and livelihood recovery project work among the affected host communities and IDPs in Aden & Al Dhale’e
JOB PURPOSE: To support the program manager in Al-Dhale office in effective and efficient program coordination and implementation, Liasoning with local actors including local authorities and local partners and mitigating the risks for OXFAM’s program at the locations of assignments.
REPORTING LINES: Program Manager at Oxfam Aden office
Assists the program manager in overall program coordination and implementation and ensuring risks are kept to a minimum during delivery of program.
1. Program delivery, coordination and implementation:
• Responsible for providing full length support the program manager- Al-Dhale for the effective program coordination and delivery
• Assist the Program Manager in program planning and implementation to ensure the program achieves its outcomes within specified time boundaries
• Continuously assess the context, and propose adaptation of the program and team composition as required by the context.
• Proactively ensure that gender equity, inclusion and protection issues are taken into account in all aspects of Oxfam’s work and encourage and take practical measures mainstreaming of gender into all program aspects by increasing knowledge of the staff, community structures and beneficiary communities through multiple means (which are culturally sensitive and contextually appropriate)
• Support the program manger ensuring all safe-guarding policies are properly in place and practiced and make sure all staff members, partners and service providers are well-oriented on it
• Provide supervision and timely guidance to program teams and ensure the team is on a right track to achieve the program objectives and deliverables
• Closely work with local partners for timely achievement of agreed actions and ensure they are contributing towards overall program objectives
• To represent Oxfam at the Governorate/District Coordination meetings and other sub-cluster meetings when needed or requested by program manager.
2. Program quality, accountability, reporting and monitoring
• Assist the program manager in achieving higher standards of program quality and accountability with higher and context specific visibility where required
• Help the program manager and program team ensuring that the program is accountable to beneficiaries through promoting their participation, provision of information on program activities and ensuring that beneficiary feedback is used effectively to adapt the program
• Assist the program manager in producing high quality & timely donor reports
• Work closely with MEAL team on developing efficient MEAL systems and reporting on program indicators including complaint mechanisms
• Ensure knowledge management including documentation of all learning and accountability practices
• Conduct frequent field support visits to see the program implementation and provide input and guidance on its quality and efficiency
• Assist the program manager and country funding team in developing project proposals, conducting needs assessment and situation/context analysis
3. Team Management and supervision
• In line with Oxfam performance management procedures, line manage staff – ensuring that overall performance management is in place and used effectively by the team in Al-Dhale
• Draw up a professional development plan for staff, giving regular advice, guidance and feedback.
• Build a strong team spirit and vision, ensuring that discussions on Oxfam country strategy, project implementation strategies and detailed implementation planning are shared with the team
• Ensure internal coordination mechanism is in place (regular staff meetings) and feedback is provided to Aden Program Manager.
4. Minimize risks for OXFAM program
• Ensure that budgets are drawn up for all activities, and that costs are kept within budgets, providing a monthly financial summary to the program manager along with the quarterly analysis of trends.
• Ensure compliance (donors and internal) and quality of donor reporting
• Assist the program manager in daily program related trouble shooting in programmatic, administrative and logistic related issues
• Work closely with the security focal person to ensure security of staff and assets
• Work in close coordination with technical leads/advisors to ensure their quality input in program deliverables
5. Communication & stakeholders’ engagement
• Manage to effectively communicate Oxfam GB’s contribution to Oxfam International’s work, represent and develop good relationships with official authorities and other agencies, be proactive in ensuring that Oxfam develops and maintains a positive profile.
• Maintain flow of effective internal and external communication about program impact with the stakeholders within and outside Oxfam.
• Keep informed of relevant program issues and to contribute to wider program learning.
• Work together with the Technical Leads advocating on issues raised by program team
• When required, facilitate and act as a focal point for media/donor/program visits
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
• At least as master’s degree in Agriculture, Food Security or Public Health Engineering, Social Sciences with proven experience in managing emergency food security and vulnerable livelihood projects. First degree holders with significant experience will be considered.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar position including team management and implementing donor funded projects. Work experience with INGOs and implementation of Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods either stand alone or integrated with WASH projects preferred
• Post holder requires having good understanding of protection and gender issues and conflict sensitive programming
• Experience in working in complex humanitarian situation with non-state actors is desirable.
• A proven record of mid-level management including managing budgets, staff and funding of the program. This includes excellent people management skills, with a good understanding of team development and proven financial management skills
• Excellent problem solving skills with ability to think out of box
• Proven ability to work creatively, innovatively and effectively with limited direct supervision
• Proven experience of managing restricted donor contracts (prior experience of managing EU, ECHO, UNICEF and UNDP funds is desirable)
• Excellent organizational, negotiation and inter-personal skills. The ability to remain calm whilst deal with conflicting priorities/work under pressure is essential
• The ability to take the initiative and work independently as well work as a team player – supporting other departments is essential
• Excellent intrapersonal and communication skills (written and verbal English and Arabic skills) and the ability to write clear, concise reports.
• Proven evidence of leadership skills including challenging, motivating and developing a team through periods of change.
• Ability to work with others to develop vision into strategy and communicating and influencing this to a wider audience.
• Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting gender equity and diversity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application:
Closing date for applications is 17 December 2018
Note: OXFAM is an equal opportunity provider employer-Women are encouraged to apply