Ended Trade Marketing Specialist
Important Note: This is an extension for the advertisement so If you have already applied, please do NOT submit your application again because it is being considered in the screening.
Murooj Electronic Services has recently acquired a majority interest in Yemen Financial Services Company (YFSC), which is owned by 11 banks and operates Yemen’s National Switch interbank network. The acquisition is intended to kick-start a payment transformation in Yemen’s present economic turmoil.
In light of this vision, Murooj triggered the creation of Yemen’s “National Mobile Wallet Company” (NMWC) that will integrate the YFS, banks, the private sector, telecoms, and government institutions (i.e. post authority). This job post is hired for the NMWC.
The National eWallet enables people to use their mobile phone to easily pay for their goods, leveraging over 100,000 direct retail and distributor’s network to build commercial acceptance for digital payments. No other entity has commercial reach to successfully rollout an accepted Mobile Wallet.
Murooj was established in 2017 and is a partnership between Cornerstone Holdings, a regional investment company, and the Hayel Saeed Anam Group (HSA) Yemen’s leading privately owned company and a diverse multinational corporation.
The company is based in Yemen with offices in Cairo. Murooj is focused on addressing Yemen’s severe financial challenges on the ground by introducing innovative mobile payment mechanisms that bypass currency shortages and meet the real needs of Yemen’s citizens and businesses.
Position Title: Trade Marketing Specialist
Location: Yemen, Sana'a
Reporting Relationships: Marketing Manager
Main Focus and Challenges
This role is to be part of the Operation program of work for the National Mobile Money programme. The programme is an opportunity to accelerate a major new commercial electronic financial services project whilst delivering societal benefit through financial inclusion in Yemen. The position will implement the distribution strategy into the region, including both Urban and Rural locations. The position will be responsible for delivering customer acquisition targets through effective acquisition and training of mobile money customers. The person will also manage the look and feel of the channel, from sourcing through to installation in all of the channels using the teams available for the NWC.
- Effectively identify acquisition channels and develop the recruit strategies to bring new customers on board; directly and within the established distribution channels.
- Stimulate innovation and consumer focus throughout direct acquisition channels the formal channels.
- Coordinate delivery systems to ensure compliance of company’s customer acquisition targets.
- Manage team of Brand Ambassadors by providing weekly promotion plans, you will work with the Regional Teams to coordinate the best locations.
- Establish KPI’s and monitor performance of Brand Ambassadors
- Coordinate resolution for all distribution and subscriber acquisition issues by escalating to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure all agents operate at their agreed levels, as per key agent indicators; i.e. customer acquisition.
- Manage all acquisition activities within agreed budget levels.
- Monitor all new acquisitions based on date and channel activation, ensure that best practice is identified and communicated to the direct sales team and the channel.
- Draft acquisition targets for all channels monthly and monitor against achievement weekly.
- All new acquisitions must be monitored ensuring that agreed activity levels for new subscribers are maintained.
- Monitor customer activity levels acquired through all channels, adjust acquisition activities inline with the findings as well as sharing best practice with entire trade marketing team.
- Ensure all customer acquisitions are completed in line with the Policies and Procedures defined by the company. This includes adherence to all KYC stipulations.
- Ensure full adherence to the document management policy for all customer registrations.
- Ensure that all channels adhere to the KYC policy as prescribed.
- All deviations from the on boarding policy must be flagged and addressed immediately.
- Weekly plans must be complied and distributed nationally ensuring that all acquisition channels meet and exceed their agreed targets.
- Reporting weekly/ monthly/ quarterly & annual operational and management reports on acquisition & completed ongoing and planned activities.
- Coordinates and supervises the design and editing of the partner communication materials in line and with the approval of the Operators communication guidance and guidelines.
- Aid in the efficient execution of all channel engagement and consumer promotion programs, by managing the quality and quantity of the communication to the channels in all formats under the guidance and guidelines of the Operators.
- Keep a database of materials placed in the Channel.
- Manage the order process for all collateral used in the channel. From the forecasting of the quantities through, ordering, delivery and finally installation in the channel.
- Communicate externally with agents, merchants and customers in a consistent manner.
- Responsible on the look and feel of the brand in customer facing outlets.
The successful candidate will ideally come from a best in class company, Telecom, NGO or multinational background with extensive experience in Marketing . They will be a highly capable member to a team, used to operating as a Trade Marketing Coordinator or equivalent with regional responsibility. He/she will be a natural change agent who brings prior restructure and build experience, who is used to fixing and creating from scratch. The successful candidate will be driven by making a difference and therefore have the passion to drive growth. Demonstrating significant intellect and capability to operate in a very complex business operation, with multiple stakeholders, he/she will demonstrate strong attention to detail, exceptional integrity, and a hands-on, lean approach.
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in sales or marketing role in a corporate multinational environment with an outstanding sales performance record.
- Training in sales management, customer relationship management, business administration and team building courses, will be advantageous.
- Good understanding of financial principles, understands financial ratios, can interpret standard financial statements.
- Strong customer service background.
- Experience in and Knowledge of Telecoms industry (advantage).
- Strong project management and reporting skills.
- Strong Sales Planning Skills.
- Strong Commercial deal structuring skills.
- Strong stock management skills.
- Proven planning, sales & distribution management skills
- Proven record of sales & revenue targets being hit
- Relationship building skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a team, and support staff (Team player).
Murooj is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.
Qualified and Interested Candidates must submit their CVs to:
Kindly write the following in your Subject Line when sending the email: "Trade Marketing Specialist - Murooj"