The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type : Open Ended
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station Sanaa
The Pharmacist 2 implements the good distribution practices (GDPs) under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Pharmacist.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Ensures that the GDPs are implemented and that health-care products are handled properly so that they remain safe and effective.
- May write standard operating procedures (SOPs); ensures that they are implemented.
- Trains warehouse staff on the GDPs where necessary.
- Identifies potential domestic suppliers of pharmaceutical and other health-care products and evaluates their compliance with the GDPs.
- Is the legal representative of the ICRC's pharmaceutical services to national drug regulatory authorities.
- Provides technical expertise for tenders, works with the Quality Assurance Pharmacist to assess suppliers and issues recommendations on health-care products.
- Files and archives pharmaceutical legal documentation
- Performs quality control upon receiving health-care products.
- Pharmacy degree (Bachelors level).
- Good command (spoken and written) English or French.
- Computer proficiency, including with Microsoft Excel.
Professional Experience Required
- 6 years' experience working at a pharmaceutical company (in quality assurance or production).
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
Indicating in the subject line: Pharmacist 2
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 10.12.2018