Ended Guarantee Officer Assistant (2)
Organization: Loan Guarantee Program (LGP)-SFD.
Duration: Yearly contract with three months’ probation period.
No. of Post: Two.
Date Announced 04/12/2018
Closing Date: 15/12/2018
Micro and Small size enterprises are a significant source of jobs and economic activity in Yemen. On its efforts to support SMEs growth and development, the Social Fund for Development (SFD) established the Loan Guarantee Program (LGP) in 2017. The LGP is nonprofit its objective is to increase the availability of financing to SMEs by offering partial credit guarantees and to establish a more trust-based credit culture within the commercial banking and microfinance sectors. It is envisioned that the LGP will enable the banking sector to provide their financial services to a larger number of SMEs resulting in continued resilience and growth of enterprises, create jobs and support the recovery of economic activity in the country.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Performs all related guarantee department responsibilities including but not limited to; running credit reports, generating guarantee documents, reviewing guarantee approvals for completeness, guarantee payments, preparing and comment, boarding guarantee documents on the LGP’s computer system, entering data to correct or update guarantee records, maintaining credit files, provides support to all assigned areas of the department where service or assistance is needed and acts as a backup for various guarantee department functions.
- Analyzes and processes all incoming files, reviews documentation for proper approvals.
- Loan repayments are calculated for all types of loans.
- Performs duties which include reviewing work for accuracy and completeness, assisting others in resolving problems.
- Assists guarantee officers and other personnel to ensure proper related documentation is prepared or provided.
- Works closely with guarantee officers and performs official notary services as required.
- Types routine letters, reports, emails and forms.
- Monitors the movement of customers with MFIs to reach the appropriate areas to market the services of MFIs.
- May prepare and assist with guarantee goals, tracking reports, and various other reports.
- May update financial statement, cash flow and documentation in guarantee files;
- May process payments, documentation and any other related information for acceptable guarantees.
- Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works ethically and with integrity, upholds organizational values and accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Performs other duties assigned by guarantee officer and management.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor Degree in accounting finance, business or any other related field.
- One year of related experience or training; work experience should consist of a financial institution operations, sales or customer services background.
- Strong communication, public relations, organizational and leadership skills.
- Mature, energetic, creative, and dynamic personality.
- Competent with the use of computers.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office Programs.
To apply for this position please click here