Ended Emergency Team Leader
Location of position: Aden, Yemen (all SI operating bases)
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running two emergency projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach mostly in Lahj and Taiz governorates.
The position will be based at the Coordination, in Aden but activities will be implemented in all SI operating areas and the candidate will have to spend several days on the field upon his/her manager request
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
- The Emergency team leader will provide support in assessing the emergency needs and implementing emergency activities under the supervision of the program manager.
- He will provide regular reports on the progress of activities to the program manager
- He will coordinate the teams and activities in collaboration with the program manager
- He will participate in the coordination with local stakeholders.
List of main tasks:
The Emergency team leader will be required to:
Assessment and design of emergency response:
- Supervise the preparation and implementation of the emergency responses at the base and field levels.
- Liaise with support departments (logistic, finance and security) to ensure the quality and rapidity of emergency responses.
- Inform the program manager about all the logistical and financial requirements needed/identified and produce the request with the appropriate internal tool.
- Identify any risks and constraints related to the activity/project and propose alternate strategies to the program manager
- Assist the program manager to improve activities quality on the field
- Ensure that the safety of persons and equipment at intervention sites is guaranteed
- Partake in the development of SI’s emergency department through the production of internal SoP, design and management of contingency stock.
- Organise regular meetings with emergency teams
- Supervise and monitor potential conflicts within the teams and inform the program manager in the case of a problem.
- Report any misconduct among the emergency team and participate to the relevant HR process if needed.
- Identify and report any training needs for the teams to the program manager
- Assist with the implementation of training
- Organize and manage the breaks of WASH team’s members under the supervision of the WASH Program Manager.
- Partake in the drafting of a number of administrative documents to be signed jointly with governmental authorities, communities or partners
- Immediately report any problems or information that could affect the activities or the security of the teams to the program manager
- Ensure the collection and compilation of information about the progress of emergency response
- Ensure the soft and hard archiving of program related document and files (MoU, Beneficiaries list, etc…)
- Write regular reports on the progress of responses for the program manager
- Partake in the drafting of reports and schedules/appendices related to the activities/projects for reports and/or sponsors
- Represent SI in collaboration with/ or in absence of the program manager to the relevant bodies: local authorities, Clusters, external coordination meetings etc.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Field Coordinator of the operating base
Line report(s) on base: Emergency Officers
Functional Manager: Emergency PM
III. Profile required:
- Diploma in Water and Sanitation or Environmental or Public Health Engineering/Water Resources Development or in one of the Civil Engineering disciplines of Water Supply and/or Hydrology) or Sanitation/Hygiene Engineering
- At least 2 year experience in WaSH technical position
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 1 year minimum
- Experience in Emergency response
- Experience in representation and coordination with humanitarian and governmental stakeholders
- Experience in community mobilization
- Experience in team management
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Good understanding of the security context
- Proactive and motivated
- Able to move in the country for several days in a row
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline.
NB: Please mention three reference person in your enclosed CV.
Final date for applications: 10th of December,2018