Ended MEAL Assistant
Division : Programs
Location : Shabwa- Ataq
Reports to : WASH Program Officer
Duration : 10 months
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
- The MEAL Assistant will support the program management in the design, development and roll out the MEAL framework for the organization’s programmes. He/she will be traveling to field offices and will work closely with programme team in field offices and program implementation geographical areas to assist in following with program M&E indicators and roll out a system aimed at undertaking independent quality assurances, regular reviews and accountability of the project activities.
- The Assistant will assist in the day to day work to ensure that the project controls are in place, to monitor and handle issues with the Programme team and Project Managers that arise and assist the team to take corrective action as recommended by the MEAL manager.
- The Assistant will support the program management in fulfilling the programmes responsibilities and be engaged in verifying the project deliverable and assessing the capability of achieving the benefits defined in programmes to provide recommendations towards the achievement of the overall programme targets and needs.
- Participate in strengthening existing M&E system for programmes within the organization.
- Support in preparing bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual programmatic performance reports.
- Entering all M&E relevant reports into the required forms/ systems.
- Preparing and sorting received documents and identifying forms that need to be entered.
- Ensuring accuracy of entered data and comparing it with the existing filing system to make sure all records are consistent and aligned.
- Support in the review and checking of quantitative data generated being in line with the M&E reporting requirements.
- Support the analysis of data in line with the M&E framework.
- Provide support to programme managers in the development and implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, analysis and reporting on program indicators.
- Support the coordination and execution of events in the department such as, organizational project learning by developing, collecting and disseminating relevant information on monitoring, evaluation and research.
- Field visits to conduct ongoing data collection process with beneficiaries households and other stakeholders and ensure data collection is conducted on time and on accordance with the data collection plan
- Participate in the baseline, midline and end line surveys as requires
- Transfer qualitative data provided on surveys and forms into numeric information/ quantitative data when required and if needed.
- Work in a professional manner and on acorn=dance with the organization’s humanitarian mission and core values
- Follow on trends within the humanitarian environment and in programme target areas to report on the arising needs
- Other Monitoring and Evaluation functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree is required preferably in statistics, development studies or other relevant discipline.
- Experience with research, including data collection and data management.
- Strong computer skills required. Successful candidates will have an excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word processing, SPSS or other data analytical tools.
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation/ project management is desired.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and Arabic.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, Dec 11th, 2018 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted