Capacity Building & Training Manager
Job Title: Capacity Building & Training Manager
Department: Programs Department
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Location: Aden, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Capacity Building & Training Manager duties are specified in particular as follows:
- Develop a comprehensive training program for staff, PACE communities, and stabilization communities, and soft skills development to accompany projects for the sustainability of the projects.
- Manage training programs for the YCST staff, community mobilizers, and community Enhancement Teams (CET), including planning, organizing, budgeting, facilitating, and implementing of the project.
- Support community mobilizers to train committees on community engagement principles and work planning, including strategies to ensure gender equity and principles of conflict sensitivity, using existing curricula adapted by YCST local partner, PfG from the USAID Jordan CEP.
- Develop and deliver experiential training all training programs, in order to ensure that program design and implementation meets the needs of CETs members and YCST effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate and obtain, as needed, professional and technical assistance for training programs from all applicable or appropriate sources.
- Oversees the ongoing process of training while updating DCOP as well as the COP using all materials developed by such training plans and programs for the improvement of local governments
- Develop ways in which related programs can be integrated for efficiency, and innovative mechanisms can be developed for enhanced program, organization and district effectiveness.
- Develop and deliver TOTs for the staff on facilitation skills and continuously monitor and improve their skills
- Represent GC (YCST) at various local, regional, state and national meetings related to the training programs.
- Conduct and supervise training and development programs for employees and CETs in different districts.
- Assist the CETs and local governments in their planning and development efforts through the training models, including the project development cycle, identification of funding sources, assistance in preparing applications for said funding sources, and tracking projects to completion.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Three to five years of experiences in managing capacity building training program.
- Minimum Two years of experiences in working with international organizations (INGOs) that implemented capacity building training programs.
- Knowledge and experience in adult pedagogy and learning styles
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Previous experience in field offices is a plus.
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From December 2018 until August 15, 2021.
- Application should consist of a detailed resume or CV. CV should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YCST program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- Applications will be received until the position id filled .
- Due to the urgency for this position interviews will be done on a rolling basis.