Ended Country Financial Analyst Coordinator
Country Financial Analyst Coordinator -Sana’a
The Country Office Financial Analyst (CFA) is responsible for overall Country Office Operations Budgeting, Master budget, Develop Proposal Budget, Coordinate Partners Management and Awards Specific Audit. This is a key position to ensure cost effectiveness, compliance with SCI policies and procedures as well as donor’s regulations.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- Overseas and analyse the preparation of operations budgets for each location and consolidate CO Master Budget.
- Update the CO Master budget on quarterly basis.
- Develop and Review proposals budget and ensure eligible and necessary costs has been allocated to each award.
- Ensure the accuracy and updates of Cost Allocation Calculator according SCI practices.
- Performing financial analysis for CO office portfolio to ensure GAP of funding is well addressed with the concerned department.
- Support in donor’s reports where necessary.
Implementing Partners (IP):
- Review the assessment of IP, review of proposals / agreements / financial reports.
- Ensure there’s IP tracker, review IP advance requests & follow up for the monthly liquidation of advances.
- Monitoring & technical support visits to IP offices and training of Areas Office Finance Coordinator in financial monitoring of IP.
- Review status of IP with respective Budget Holder on periodic basis.
- Ensure that Financial Management System (FMS) is all the time updated with IP related records.
- Maintain working relationship with SCI-Y partners and support Area Office & Country Office to ensure smooth financial implementation of projects through partners.
- Responsible for the coordination of all Audit exercises (Yearly Statutory Audit, Donor Project Specific Audit, IP Audits)
- Maintain Audit tracker, Initiate request for audit services in a timely manager to ensure each & every audit exercise is been done per scheduled time frame.
- Follow up with Area Office Coordinator & CO Finance team to ensure that all financial records are archived properly & are easily accessible.
- Assist Finance & Reporting Manager in clearing of all audit observations & also follow up for future rectification.
Gift in Kind,
- Finance Focal point for all GIK.
- Coordinate with Logistics team to record GIK into FMS on monthly basis.
- Work with Logistics team to reconciliation GIK value as per FMS with Total Inventory Management (TIM) system.
- Train Area Office Finance Coordinator in GIK financial Management at Area Office level.
- Closely work with Country Office / Area Office Awards Coordinators to fully understand financial & compliance aspects of donor funded portfolio and use Award Management System (AMS) to understand donor financial compliance requirements.
- Escalate any noted financial risks / fraud activities directly to Country Finance Director.
- Submit all Internal & external financial reports in a timely manner.
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner, and ensure any problematic issues are raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure that reporting position to this post fully comply with SCI-Y policy & procedures and arrange on / off job trainings to grow skills in the area of financial management.
- Also responsible for professional direction / delegation / supervision / accountability of reporting staff as per Job Descriptions or any official documentation.
- Bachelors’ Degree, preferably Master, in Commerce & Business, Administration or equivalent in finance related subject.
- Part or full Qualified Accountant (ACCA or CIMA or CPA or ICSA) will be preferred
- Previous 3-5 years’ financial management experience with good numeracy skills, e.g. to calculate VAT and allocate payments across cost centres.
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment & Implementation Partners financial management.
- Experience in budgeting & forecasting with good understanding of funding gap analysis & cost allocations across different awards.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and attention to detail especially under pressure
- Excellent MS Excel and analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Good organisation and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Excellent communication skills on the phone, face-to-face and in writing to be able to explain processes clearly and resolve queries with suppliers and other colleagues.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet deadlines.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to work within set guidelines for the payment of invoices/expenses and identify instances when the guidelines are not being followed.
- A proactive approach to resolving any issues that may arise, by assessing their impact and identifying those that need to be passed to line manager or next level.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
All CVs to be sent through our account email@example.com
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in YemeAll applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.