Accountant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Chemonics International Inc.
This position is based in Aden, Yemen. This position may require periodic travel outside Aden.
The Accountant assists the Operations and Finance Manager in all aspects of project accounting and the financial management lifecycle. S/he oversees the processing of accounting transactions according to the general principles of accounting and adheres to head office field accounting manual procedures. S/he must also follow policies, procedures, and regulations as defined by the United Kingdom’s Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Chemonics International.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
The Accountant will supervise the Bookkeeper. S/he will ensure the completion of the following illustrative tasks listed below:
- Review payments prepared by the Bookkeeper to ensure that all supporting documentation and approvals are accurate
- Review copies of all receipts for all expense submissions to the Project and improve overall capacity in grantee financial management
- Facilitate the provision of information and documentation during audits
- Review expense reports and cash liquidation reports
- Provide a first review of all accounting transactions entered into the accounting software by the Bookkeeper.
- Review procurement transactions prepared by the Bookkeeper to ensure that all supporting documentation and approvals are accurate
- Oversee bank reconciliation process as a second reviewer
- Ensure the maintenance of proper accounting documentation
- Oversee payroll processing each month and prepare salary receipt/payroll forms, as well as oversee the Provident Fund withholdings and employer contributions
- Liaise with income tax authority and remit employee withholdings on a monthly basis
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the head office Field Accounting Support Team (FAST) representative
- Review and approve all the work prepared by the Bookkeeper
- Review all coding sheets before they are sent to the Operations and Finance Manager and/or Team Leader/ Deputy Team Leader for approval
- Examine monthly wire transfer requests through a thorough analysis of projected project expenditures
- Supervise petty cash management, including verification and review of petty cash payments for accuracy, legitimacy, and reconciliation of remaining cash with the Bookkeeper whenever replenishment is required
- Support the Operations and Finance Manager in subcontractor management by reviewing and monitoring monthly subcontractor invoices
- Evaluate VAT reports to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Ensure all transactions are in compliance with Chemonics and the client’s rules and regulations
- Support the Operations and Finance Manager as a liaison to other administrative and technical components to manage project financial budgeting and expenditure progress
- Conduct pre-award surveys to verify financial capability of NGO prior to award
- Lead trainings for grantees, in coordination with the Grants Specialists, on an individual and group basis on the financial requirements and any financial management issues with the goal of improving the quality of the financial
- Assist in reviewing the VFM monthly reports.
- Assist in conducting annual inventory check and reports
- Assist the Operations and Finance Manager with monthly and annual account closing and reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations and Finance Manager to achieve the Project’s goals and objectives
Education, Qualifications and Equivalent Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or a related field strongly preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and financial compliance strongly preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of graphs, tables, charts with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and QuickBooks is necessary
- Professional proficiency in English and Arabic is required
The Accountant will report to the Operations and Finance Manager.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل