Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Chief Of Party
Location: Aden, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
- Assist the Chief of Party with scheduling of meetings, phone calls, and appointments.
- Manage files and filing
- Prepare letters and PowerPoints in Arabic and English
- Organize and obtain documents COP's signature and timely distribute the documents to the appropriate departments.
- Greet guests and visitors and direct to the appropriate location
- Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, and travel arrangements.
- Take notes of meetings, type and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Prepare procurement requests for the COP's office needs.
- Arrange meeting and conference rooms for meetings and ensure the necessary support materials and equipment are ready for use.
- Assisting the technical team in printing and photocopying materials as requested.
- Ensures computers and IT equipment in the COP's office are serviced and maintained; printer paper supplies; check the printer; Shredding;
- Prepare briefing folders for meetings;
- Provide any other administrative or logistical tasks as assigned by COP.
- Ensure the confidentiality of the COP's office including meetings, issues, and documents
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Education: Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, Business Administration or related field is required.
- Prior Work Experience: At least one to two years of administrative support experience relevant or equivalent to this position.
- Language Proficiency: English Level (Good working knowledge) and Arabic Level (Fluent) is required.
- Job Knowledge: Good knowledge of office procedures and management for directors or high level management is required. Must be able to quickly acquire knowledge of the project and GC policies and procedures and systems
- Skills and Abilities: Proven ability to work independently on multi-priority issues under tight deadlines and heavy workload within agreed upon parameters with minimal supervision or guidance and while exercising sound judgment are required. Strong interpersonal skills are required to establish and maintain collaborative relations with people both inside and outside of the project. The following skills and abilities are also sought: operational skills; computer skills including ease and skill in using word processing and power point programs, email, databases, and spreadsheets.
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
December 2018 – 15 August 2021.
- The application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. The cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- The position is open until it is filled.