Ended Lawyer (3)
Location: based in NFDHR ‘Dhamar and Albayda Governorate , with frequent visits to different district as needed.
Reporting to: Protection Field Coordinator
The Job title under his supervision: Protection Project Manager
Start date: December 2018
Contract Duration: 7 months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance.
Technical Support and Management:
- Carry out all the issues related to protection cases
- Coordinate with court, police station, authorities, civil registry
- Analyse the probable outcomes of cases, using knowledge of legal precedents.
- Present the session and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Support women advocacy issues
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
- Gather evidence to formulate defence or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Daily following up the cases and all related issues.
- Contribute in social cohesion for the needed cases
- Write report for each case and monthly report.
- Follow up the documentation activity
- Study Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases
- Hold an BA in social sciences or related fields
- At least 2 years of professional experience humanitarian work context and Clinical psychological
- Experience with project management cycle, budgets, and donor requirements
- Previous experience in a humanitarian setting
- Excellent interpersonal and representative skills(written, oral, cross - cultural)
- Experience working with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs
- Experience in donor relation
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt, change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs, etc.)
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of NFDHR
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
- Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Respect the direct manager
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link :
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
NFDHR employee is entitled to apply to this position