Ended Psychologist (3)
Location: based in NFDHR ‘Dhamar and Al-Bayda Governorate, with frequent visits to different district as needed.
Reporting to: Protection Field Coordinator
The Job title under his supervision: Protection Project Manager
Start date: December 2018
Contract Duration: 7 months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance.
Technical Support and Management:
- Provide Protection services to the client through planning, development and implementation of protection activities in the impact areas in close coordination with the relevant people in the community as outlined in the implementation plan.
- Identify vulnerable, at-risk; work with different stakeholders to obtain referrals
- Provide technical support to Ministry of Education staff/schools management for the improvement of utilization of PSS services in target areas.
- Coordinate with care givers, community leaders, school teachers, school management staff and partners organizations to implement PSS/ child protection/educational activities and work closely with them to improve quality of the project services.
- Conduct ongoing service mapping and update the service directory accordingly.
- Implement case referrals to service providers where needs cannot be met by SCI, whereby making sure that confidentiality
- Train and monitor the social worker to implement protection/educational activities.
- Provide technical support to other programs when requested by the supervisor.
- Assist in identification and participate of a baseline for child protection/educational activities.
- Support the implementation of campaigns/school days.
- Facilitate implementation of awareness raising sessions with community members on identification and referral of children with protection concerns
- Provide information to client about referring to the services providers on how to better protect their life, family, children
- Prepare reports for the project manager and the coordinator with statistical and narrative information on the progress of the project in the target communities
- Support SC trained volunteers, teachers and children in the implementation of project activities .
- Support administrative tasks such as preparing Purchase Requests.
- Any other duties as required.
- Hold an BA in social sciences or related fields
- At least 2 years of professional experience humanitarian work context and Clinical psychological
- Experience with project management cycle, budgets, and donor requirements
- Previous experience in a humanitarian setting
- Excellent interpersonal and representative skills(written, oral, cross - cultural)
- Experience working with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs
- Experience in donor relation
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt, change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs, etc.)
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of NFDHR
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
- Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Respect the direct manager
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link :
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
NFDHR employee is entitled to apply to this position