Ended Social Worker (3 Females)
Location: based in NFDHR ‘Dhamar and Albayda Governorate , with frequent visits to different district as needed.
Reporting to: Protection Field Coordinator
The Job title under his supervision: Protection Project Manager
Start date: December 2018
Contract Duration: 7 months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance.
Technical Support and Management:
- Detect, counsel and follow up individual cases identified during psychosocial activities or referred by other agencies
- Conduct psychosocial assessment of vulnerable cases, including environmental, emotional, behavioural, and social factors as well as resources and strengths that impact the individual well- being
- Conduct home visits to assess the living conditions of the cases
- Refer cases internally for legal assistance, psychological counselling or financial assistance when needed.
- Ensure coordination with the main service providers in the area of intervention for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing
- Manage, fill, archive specific forms for cases profiling, referral and weekly reporting ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
- Monitor and follow up the outcome of the material assistance provided by other partner agencies and services providers
- Be available to provide emergency assistance and basic emotional support for urgent cases
- Ensure that data protection protocol is respected.
- Support the Activity Coordinator and the other social workers in organizing awareness sessions
- Support the Activity Coordinator in links with the Community Based Protection Networks in gathering information and receiving referrals
- Provide daily updates to the Reporting Officer and Management Supervisor, Activity Coordinator about new cases assessed.
- File and report in detail on all cases with relevant information about the case, background, case plan, follow up and actions taken
- Hold an BA in social sciences or related fields
- At least 1 years of professional experience working in case management related issues.
- Experience with project management cycle, budgets, and donor requirements
- Previous experience in a humanitarian setting
- Excellent interpersonal and representative skills(written, oral, cross - cultural)
- Experience working with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs
- Experience in donor relation
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt, change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programs, etc.)
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of NFDHR
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner
- Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Respect the direct manager
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link :
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
NFDHR employee is entitled to apply to this position