Ended Logistics Assistant (Fuel)
Function Title: Logistics Assistant (Fuel)
Contract type: Service Contract
Position grade: SC5
Contract duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Aden Office, Yemen
Number of position: 1
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Job holders report to Logistics Officer, a Head of Unit, or the designate. At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The applicant should be either a Yemeni national or have a valid Yemeni Residence/work permit at the time of application.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online (use English language)
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluent (level C) English and Arabic in both oral and written communication
Experience: At least four years of experience in logistics
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
• Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
• Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
• Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
In accordance with WFP policies, procedures and guidelines, the incumbent will be responsible for fuel received by WFP and process all documentation including (Custom clearance/coordination with Transporters/ coordinate security clearance and de confliction for the movement of trucks/conveys. Also analyze data from a variety of sources and produce electronic and printed reports as required by the organization.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager(Cholera) and under the overall guidance of the Logistics officer(Operations). The incumbent will:
- Provide support for fuel management received in kind
- Coordinate all operations for fuel receipt in tankers and its allocations
- Prepare necessary Custom documentations and liaise with authorities for clearance
- Prepare necessary Transport documentations for the allocated quantities for each Transporter
- Fuel provided in tankers and its transshipment in allocated Transporter’s tankers and keep record of fuel discharged at contracted fuel stations.
- Coordinate all security/de-confliction clearances with Transport Operations Security Unit
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work
- Follow up and liaise with Superintendents for all reports and information
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of trucks movement to final destinations.
- Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
- Follow up on any tanker detention and follow up with WFP Security Unit for early release and track the tankers to its destination
- Standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Management||Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.|
To view the job description and apply to this vacancy, please go to:
1.Create your online CV
2.Click on “Apply”
3.Click on Create an account