Ended Logistics Associate (Warehouse - Transport)
Function Title: Logistics Associate(Warehouse - Transport)
Contract type: Service Contract
Position grade: SC6
Contract duration: 12 months
Duty Station: IBB Office, Yemen
Number of position: 1
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluent (level C) English and Arabic in both oral and written communication
Nationality and Residency: The applicant should be either a Yemeni national or have a valid Yemeni Residence/ work permit at the time of application.
Experience: At least 5 (five) years of experience in Logistics, warehouse or Transport.
Job holders report to a Logistics Officer, Head of Unit or the designate. At this level, job holders demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders typically manage a small team, supervising and coaching staff.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of Logistics Officer and the overall supervision of Head of Logistics Unit, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Establish a proper transport plan as per the approved food releases orders (FROs) aiming to the efficient realization of those food requests with the competent contracted transporters.
- Establish the necessary STOs/LTIs (landside transport instruction) for each cargo movement outgoing from the WFP warehouse in compliance to the food release orders (FROs) specifications and ensure accurate details have been reflected in the STO/LTI/Waybill (Destination, consignee, cargo quantity, SI number……).
- Monitor the STOs/LTIs performance by the warehouse operator/local carriers and update accordingly the necessary tracking sheet with all the documents details for the outgoing consignments from WFP warehouse.
- Communicate effectively with the service providers (transporters, clearing agents, superintendents….) to ensure the timely and efficient delivery of WFP humanitarian consignments.
- Participate effectively in the warehouse/transport market research and the related information gathering activities in addition to the service providers’ evaluation tasks to realize the timely and cost-effective delivery of WFP cargos.
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
- Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity by ensuring that monthly physical inventory of all food/NFIs conducted, reports submitted, filled and consolidated regularly on time.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
- Supervise, monitor and provide guidance to WFP service providers to ensure WFP operational standards implemented all the time.
- Perform other related duties as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt||Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.|
To view the job description and apply to this vacancy, please go to:
1.Create your online CV
2.Click on “Apply”
3.Click on Create an account