FSLEO Program Manager (Re- Advertised)
Position: Food Security, Livelihood and Economic Opportunities (FSLEO) Program Manager
Location: Sana'a (with extensive field, travel including Aden), Yemen
Reports to: Program Director
Duration: Till August 31, 2019 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Summary of the position:
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Food Security, Livelihood and Economic Opportunities (FSLEO) Program Manager (PM) will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high quality implementation of all FSLEO program activities across all target locations in Yemen (including both the North of Yemen and Aden governorate), as well as ensuring timely reporting and compliance with donor rules and regulations and developing new funding opportunities. The PM will strengthen relationships with all stakeholders in target project areas. The PM will coordinate closely with local and national stakeholders in new proposed sites of implementation to ensure the appropriate coordination of activities and avoid overlaps of assistance. The PM will play a key role in representing RI at key cluster meetings, working groups and in meetings with the main stakeholders of the program, including government authorities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Overall management of FSLEO projects in Yemen: including planning, needs re-assessment, and mobilization, financial planning and tracking, supervision of national staff, technical guidance, reporting, through the teams under his/her direct supervision and in coordination with support departments, Program Director and with assistance of Regional Team
- Liaise with the donors on managerial and technical aspects of project implementation, in consultation with the Program Director and Regional Team
- Liaise with Area Managers in respective target areas to facilitate program implementation
- Provide technical advice to the Project Teams, build the capacity of staff in FSLEO program implementation
- Provide quality control of RI interventions within the project, in cooperation with MEAL Department
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress of program implementation against indicators are being followed as overall program management progress monitoring and of each project separately against project proposals and logical frameworks
- Inform Program Director (and other SMT members if needed) on activity progress and make recommendations for course correction if necessary.
- Provide overall direction focusing on program team to achieve agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives.
- Take active role in program development activities, including planning and implementation of needs assessments and development of new proposal, with support from Regional Team
- Ensure that RI policies and procedures are adhered to adequately
- Foster, develop and maintain strong partnership relationships and regular contact with national and international NGOs, UN agencies, government officials, and other stakeholders working to serve as a network for obtaining and coordinating information and services to support services delivery.
- Represent RI externally in the project areas as required, including but not limited to UN/NGO/donor meetings, joint agency assessments and task force meetings in the sector.
- Participate in sector coordination groups and identify areas for coordination and collaboration.
- Maintain effective communication with donors and other organizations and stakeholders in Yemen, for coordination and partnership opportunities.
- Foster, develop and maintain partnership relationships with national partners and communities to assess the effectiveness of current projects and to identify possibilities for new projects.
- Assist Program Director as needed
- Promote positive team environment between various teams and project staff in different locations.
- Facilitate dialog and group decision making where appropriate.
- Ensure mentoring and coaching for performance is undertaken for direct reports.
- Ensure staff are trained to the appropriate international standards.
- Supervise consultants or volunteers as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in the FSLEO sector; prior work experience with INGO required.
- Experience in managing WFP-funded grants required.
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience in lead management implementing emergency response programs in a conflict setting.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or Bachelor’s degree with commensurate work experience.
- Experience of program cycle management, and experience in a complex and matrix-managed organization
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary controls; proven ability to manage budgets
- Leadership qualities, motivational skills, mentoring ability; proven experience overseeing and developing a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight December 20, 2018.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted