Ended Grants Administration Officer
Location: Sana’a) with regular travel to other governorates.
Period: 1 year, renewal subject to performance and funding.
Duty Station: Life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO), Sana'a –Yemen.
Terms: Full Time Position (8 Eight hours per working day).
Classification: Public Relations Management.
Life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO) is a Yemeni humanitarian and development, non-governmental organization, founded in 2006 by a group of young people with the inspiration to address some of the social and developmental issues that need to be dealt with in creative and swift interventions in a purely professional manner. Investing and benefiting from the abilities and potential of young people is not a matter of pride for us, but also is the essence of our mission and focus of our work, and it is on top of our goals for which we are working hard to achieve. Moreover, young people represent the largest proportion of the population in many countries; we are seeking to hone their skills and provide a suitable environment for their access to decision making positions. Therefore, we have implemented many successful activities and programs that have a real impact on the reality of young people and the society in general. That success, inevitably, will not be made without the support of our teams, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
LMMPO is one of the leading organizations in humanitarian response and development as well through the development of young people's abilities. It is therefore, called the teaching organization that works hard to train volunteers and then grant them work opportunities. LMMPO is keen to have a competitive candidate to fill the Grants Administration Officer Position.
- Preparation, planning, and monitoring of the operational budget of the organization and of all projects and activities.
- Management of the disbursement of projects budget items in accordance with the donors conditions in a timely and proper manner.
- Supervision on all tenders (preparation - opening - analysis - awarding) and the processing and revision of suppliers contracts.
- Preparation of financial reports and project clearance documents on time, in accordance with the terms of project agreements and donor policies.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of the implementation of the Organization's projects and ascertaining the achievement of objectives and that the work performance is going in accordance with the implementation plans and within the budgets approved.
- Supervision on the movement of cash in funds and banks, regulation of the monitoring mechanism, and preparation of monthly settlements.
- Planning for the management and operation of the financial resources of the Organization and monitoring and reporting about them.
- Supervision on the documentation and recording of all financial transactions and archiving all financial documents manually and electronically - according to the work policy.
- Supervision on the process of disbursing the custodies and advances and following up their clearances on timely basis according to the work policy.
- Monitoring the implementation plans and working to activate them and report any deviations on the go.
- Preparation and revision of the agreements of the local partners, supervision on the implementation of their activities and their clearances, and evaluating their performance.
- Management the financial affairs and supervision on the work of the financial administration staff and logistics work.
- Master of Accounting or Business Administration
- 3 – 5 year experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Good experience in Project Cycle Management/implementation and/or project financing/budgeting are vital elements for Grants Management position.
- Administration / Organization / Management.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Have practical working knowledge of Theory of Change, Results Based Frameworks, Proposal Writing, and Project Cycle Management.
- Be comfortable with MS Package, notably Word and Excel.
- Possess well-developed communication skills in both written and spoken English as well as Arabic, with the ability to accurately translate and back-translate technically written text from English to Arabic.
- Knowledge and working experience of rules and regulations for the key donors currently active in the Yemen humanitarian response is a distinct advantage.
- Strong analytical skills - both qualitative and quantitative.
- Thorough and able to pay attention to detail while also able to meet deadlines.
- Able to handle a large workload and work under pressure independently - with limited supervision.
- Have skills to maintain productive work relationships in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Applicants should send their CVs and covering letters in English & Arabic to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position they are applying for in the subject line of the email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Knowing that the CV will not be considered for those who did not specify the functions according to the required specialization,
We will not accept anyone who applies more than once for the posts advertised in the same period.
The closing date for application is Thursday Dec 13th , 2018.