Reproductive Health and Community Mobilization Officer
Reproductive health and community mobilization Officer - Hodeida
Under overall guidance and supervision of health Program officer ( Female ) , the reproductive health officer will support the daily operational management of RH and community activities in the assigned health facility, and provide the technical support for health team, ensure timely flow of information to and from filed, This position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate health services delivery according to national protocol.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Assess, plan and implement necessary trainings for Reproductive Health staff with the support of health and nutrition program officer.
- To prepare and implement program activity plans, under the guidance of the RHM by ensuring that plans are up to date, understood by staff and monitored daily.
- Conduct regular briefing and supervision of midwifes, use quality checklists to improve quality of care, assessing technical and qualitative performance, and providing on job training, coaching and mentoring as required to ensure quality service delivery, plus collection data from hand over facilities.
- Assess, plan and execute capacity building program for the MoPHP staff, including midwifes, to improve RH services in the targeted health facilities and at the community level.
- Assist with the development and execution of emergency response activities, and providing health services if required.
- Ensure proper documentation, timely collection of reports associated with all health and, with the support of Health Information System Officer (HISO).
- Participate in coordination forums, meetings and other representation events as directed by the HN program officer.
- Assist in store release of RH material; oversee storage of reproductive health kits, keep the supply chain functional with assistance from supply chain.
- Conduct regular and ongoing analysis of reproductive health situation of the beneficiaries and the community.
- Collect and compile baseline information on social, economic, and health parameters of the project areas and come up with community based program profile.
- With coordination with supervisors develop clear work plan for community health activities, and share it with community outreach workers and MOPHP Offices.
- Regularly monitor field activities, maintain working relationship between team member and community
- Design and plan for all type of Campaigns and help in conducting assessment and surveys as needed
- To collect the monthly reports from community outreach workers, revise it and give feed back to the field team.
- To conduct monthly meeting with community volunteers to discuss all related issues and to put plan for the coming period.
- Ensure that health staff in the targeted health facilities understand and implement the treatment guidelines and protocols recommended by MoPHP.
- Review weekly/monthly HIS reports and provide feedback to health staff.
- Work in health facility to provide RH services as needed.
- In additional to the above listed responsibilities the RH officer will also be responsible for any other duty deemed necessary by the Line Manager.
- Health Professional (MD or Midwife) female with at least 2 years of experience practicing RH .
- Experience managing staff and working in reproductive health projects.
- Thorough understanding of gender-based violence response protocols and service provision.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, training and facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and flexibility.
- Ability to live in a high security environment
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power-point, Epi-Info/SPSS, Outlook and the internet.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent English (spoken and written).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- An area of particular expertise within humanitarian reproductive health
- Experience of working on Health programmes in emergencies and epidemic outbreaks.
We are looking for women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: Hodeida.email@example.com
The deadline for receiving applications is 19/12/2018.