WATSAN Team Leader
Location of position: AL MOKHA, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI’s mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen and it has recently opened a base in Al Mokha. The mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with a WASH-focused approach in the district of Al Mokha, in Taiz governorate, with activities taking place across the districts of the West Coast.
The position will be based in AL MOKHA.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
Under the direct management of Wash Program Manager (WASH PM), the Water and Sanitation Team Leader (WATSAN TL) will coordinate a team of Water and Sanitation Officers in order to set up the WASH activities, ensuring that Solidarités International technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
List of main tasks:
Assessment and design of projects:
- Partake in the identification of new areas for intervention
- Partake in the design and gauging of financial, human and logistical programs
- Partake in the preparation, implementation and analysis of diagnostics
- Produce technical documents (BoQs, Scope of work, drawing etc.)
Implementation and monitoring of activities:
- Plan activities/projects in collaboration with the operational teams and according to the internal deadlines.
- Oversee the implementation of activities and ensure meeting of deadlines, technical specifications and SI standards
- Conduct regular activity monitoring visit on the field
- Identify any risks and constraints related to the activity/project and propose alternate strategies to the Program Manager
- Ensure that the safety of persons and equipment at intervention/project sites is guaranteed
- Partake in the updating of tools for monitoring, financial, logistical and operational programs (monitoring of the budget, IOF, activities).
- Partake in the recruitment of national WASH contractors
- Organise regular meetings with program teams
- Supervise and monitor potential conflicts within the teams and inform the Program Manager in the case of a problem.
- Report any misconduct among the Watsan team and participate to the relevant HR process if needed.
- Identify and report any training needs for the teams to the program manager
- Assist with the implementation of training
- Lead the appraisal process of his/her team with the support of the Program Manager
- Plan the leaves of the Watsan team’s members under the supervision of the Program Manager.
- Partake in the drafting of a number of administrative documents to be signed jointly with governmental authorities, communities or partners
- Immediately report any problems or information that could affect the projects/activities or the security of the teams to the Program Manager
- Ensure the collection and compilation of information about the progress of projects/activities from the Water and sanitation Officers
- Ensure the soft and hard archiving of program related document and files (MoU, Beneficiaries list, etc…)
- Write regular reports on the progress of projects/activities for the Program Manager
- Partake in the drafting of reports and schedules/appendices related to the activities/projects for reports and/or sponsors
- Represent SI in collaboration with/ or in absence of the Program Manager to the relevant bodies: local authorities, Clusters, external coordination meetings etc.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line Manager at base: Wash Program Manager
Functional Manager: Wash Program Manager
III. Profile required
- Qualified Civil Engineer
- Excellent technical skills regarding water rehabilitation or construction of water systems
- At least 1 year experience in a similar position, for private or NGO sector
- Prior NGO/INGO experience of 6 months minimum
- Experience in Emergency response is an advantage
- Languages: Arabic and English (written and spoken mandatory).
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Good understanding of the security context
- Proactive, motivated, honest and rigorous
- Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or submit hard copy of your application (CV and cover letter to Solidarites International office located in Al-Maghini neighborhood in Al Mokha.
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject/ on the envelop of your CV.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for applications: 15th December 2018