Ended Sub-National Shelter Cluster Coordinator
Vacancy Announcement – Sub-National Shelter Cluster Coordinator – Ibb
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details
Position: Sub-National Shelter Cluster Coordinator
Department: Project Development
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
ACTED in coordination with the Shelter / NFI / CCCM cluster is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Sub-National Shelter Cluster coordinator, based in Ibb. This position is intended for secondment to the cluster at Ibb Hub.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Supporting service delivery
- Organize and facilitate regular sub national shelter cluster coordination meetings and information sharing to ensure coordination between all Shelter/NFI/CCCM (Site Management and Coordination Support) Cluster partners at Sub-National level.
- Provide regular inputs from the sub national shelter cluster to the national level cluster meetings including: best practices, consolidated information from subnational level, raise key issues required support from the National Coordination team, etc.
- Conduct mapping of all current and potential actors – government, national and international humanitarian organizations as well as institutions, the private sector, regularly liaise with them and ensure their appropriate participation in the cluster.
- Coordinate the interventions of Shelter/NFI/CCCM actors including in IDP Hosting Site in Ibb and Taiz to avoid duplication of aid and the filling of gaps.
- Promote best Shelter/NFI/CCCM practices among Sub-National Shelter Cluster members.
- Identify challenges faced by sub national Shelter/NFI/CCCM cluster members and provide support to overcome the challenges where relevant.
- Act as focal point for inquiries on the Shelter/NFI/CCCM Cluster’s response plans and operations at the Sub-National level
- Engage with and support Partners in the implementation of Site Management and coordination support activities in IDP hosting Sites
Contributing to strategic decision-making for the humanitarian response
- Support the coordination of assessments at Sub National levels and provide support in identification of needs for cluster assessments and gap analysis to inform strategic decision making at the national level.
- Ensure effective links with other clusters at the sub national level, especially WASH, Health, Food Security and Livelihoods, Protection, Nutrition and Education.
Monitoring implementation of Shelter/NFI/CCCM Cluster Strategy and Reporting
- Ensure that Shelter/NFI/CCM Cluster participants at the sub national level are aware of relevant policy guidelines, technical standards and relevant commitments
- Ensure that the Shelter/NFI/CCCM Cluster response at the Sub-National level is in line with the Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan (YHRP) and Shelter/NFI/CCCM Cluster Response Strategy and plans, existing policy guidance and technical standards.
- Ensuring that Shelter/NFI/CCCM Cluster members address cross-cutting issues in planning, implementation and monitoring of Shelter/NFIs/CCCM emergency interventions (collection of sex- and age-disaggregated data, gender-sensitive emergency programmes, protection mainstreaming, accountability, etc.).
- Draw lessons learned from past activities and provide inputs to the national Shelter/NFI/CCCM Cluster for revising strategies and action plans accordingly
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of contingency planning and preparedness plans for the sub national shelter cluster when required, under the guidance of the national Shelter/NFI/CCCM cluster coordinator
- Contributing to cluster reporting in a timely and effective manner
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Law, Political Science, Economics, International Relations, Business Administration, Social Science or related fields
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in international organizations (e.g. UN agencies, NGOs, IOs, Donors, Red Cross Red Crescent).
- Good knowledge of Shelter/NFI/CCCM related technical guidelines and standards.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (both verbal and written);
- Ability to travel throughout the Hub and to Sanaa;
- Experience in coordination with government authorities, national NGOs, international NGOs and UN;
- Knowledge of Cluster system;
- Knowledge of humanitarian context and appropriate Shelter/NFI/CCCM responses.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV & Cover Letter in English to email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Sub-National Shelter Cluster Coordinator"
- Candidates must rename CV & Cover letter: (First & Surname + Sub-National Shelter Cluster Coordinator).
- The closing date for applications is Thursday 20th of December, 2018.
“Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date”
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification