The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
To run official transport errands with people and cargo/materials to the destinations as instructed by approved NRC officers for 6 days a week.
Drive staff and NRC visitors on official duties, on instruction fleet in charge.
Maintain real-time logbook for all trips undertaken.
Pick, drop and circulate mail, letters, contracts, proposals, documents and cargo/materials to the required destination.
Operate the NRC designated vehicle in accordance with NRC policies and procedures.
Maintain assigned NRC vehicle in proper operating condition at all times including fuelling, securing, cleaning, timely minor repairs and reporting to the Supervisor of required major repairs.
• In liaison with the Fleet In-Charge arrange for major repairs and servicing of the assigned vehicle.
Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the required legal and other documents and equipment. including vehicle insurance, vehicle licenses, vehicle logs, first aid kit and necessary spare parts and tools.
Report immediately eventualities like accidents and breakdowns to the fleet in charge/head driver.
Ensure that all the necessary records and forms related to the assigned vehicles are used and filled properly filled as required by NRC policies.
- High School diploma with basic maintenance knowledge.
- A minimum of Grade two valid driving licenses.
- Good command of English language.
- Ability to work flexibly including weekends.
- Very good knowledge and application of the country’s as well as organization’s Driving, Road Transport & Traffic regulations.
- Team oriented and flexible; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as Driver with humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Other subjects
- General upper secondary school
- Can prioritize tasks and manage pressure.
- Can work with different environment without feeling intimidated.
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Contract duration until end of Dec 2018 (renewable but subject to budget availability).
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through post application: