Ended IT Coordinator
Job Title: IT Coordinator
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Director of Finance & Administration (DFA)
Location: Aden, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The IT Coordinator is responsible for:
- Implement and administer technologies and processes to ensure reliability, efficiency, and availability of the production environment.
- Maximize system utilization. Ensure sufficient capacity.
- Ensure documentation is kept up to date and accurate.
- Enforce information security standards.
- Ensure frequent and systematic data backups and ensure data availability and recoverability.
- Conduct performance reviews on platforms and implement tuning changes
- Administer and oversee the operating systems, database, network software, and interfaces.
- Initiate and maintain systems, network and storage management.
- Analyze network and recommend upgrades/changes
- Conduct a root cause analysis of the system issues in order to look for a permanent solution to ensure that the problem does not arise again.
- Assess the organization's current and future network needs.
- Run a diagnostic test to ensure systems are operating efficiently.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration.
- Ensure the consistent quality of services is provided to the organization and staff members
- Receive and responds to support requests and document incidents, interactions, and solution within Service Desk application. Communicate status of problems to customers.
- Monitor and manage service request and prioritize them and issue Service Desk tickets.
- Troubleshoot any issue that arises in the computer systems and brought up by the staff.
- Provide technical support to the users at all-time.
- Install and maintain client hardware, software, and peripherals. Maintain hardware and software inventory.
- Provide start-up/close-out relevant assistance for the projects
- Collaborate with Headquarters IT Services to ensure efficient operation of the computing environment.
- Review and recommend appropriate maintenance strategies to ensure uninterrupted systems usage.
- Responsible for the daily performance and availability of the organization's network.
- Manage and monitor technology vendors and consultant to ensure the contracted quality of services is being provided.
- Provide support and guidance on the maintenance, repair, and procurement of hardware and software devices for the office.
- Provide staff with basic training on the use of any new software or technology device adopted by the office.
- Provide general support for ICT40 related program and project activities, as required.
- Oversee and whenever requires, conduct, comprehensive IT orientation program to newly hired staff.
- Coordinate with and oversee IT staff for determining workloads, schedules, accomplishing various tasks.
- Establish IT staff performance goals and evaluate, provide on the job training.
- Work closely with Head of Departments to ensure effective forward planning and awareness of available IT resources.
- Prepare reports on the system performance and share them with Supervisor.
- Ensure that department records are up to date and filed appropriately
- Remain open to the comments/feedback received from staff/units and consider them when due
- Update department charts and share it with Supervisor.
- Generate relevant and attainable suggestions for improving IT work structure and work processes
- Travel to the fields if/when required.
- Escalation of technology issues to Headquarters IT Services as necessary.
- Adhere to the organization's policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related tasks assigned time to time by Supervisor.
- University degree Bachelor degree in ICT or related area; five working experience in this sector (Master Degree is plus
- Certification from a recognized ICT training institute is plus.
- At least four years' hands-on experience administrating Microsoft Active Directory domain infrastructure, networking, backup and server management.
- Proven experience in networking, active directory, computer hardware and software Experience working with INGO/s.
- Good knowledge of servers, emerging technological devices (tablet and and/or applications)
- Commitment to respond promptly to the IT needs of the office.
- Critical thinker and problem-solver with great attention to detail; Pro-actively identify and troubleshoot IT issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, coordination and collaboration abilities
- Fluent in English; and/or Arabic language skills are an asset.
- Skills in time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork; ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment.
- Self-motivated, demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a fluid operating environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment. Flexible in field travels.
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From December 2018 until May 15, 2021.
- The application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. The cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- The position is open until it is filled.