IT Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
TITLE: IT Assistant
Contract Length: 4 Months
The IT Assistant is responsible for the management and overseeing all IT operations for the Aden Field Offices, he will be directly responsible for insuring all save the children systems are up and running and all the IT polices are implemented.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: IT Coordinator
Reporting to: None.
Budget responsibility: None.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
IT Related Issues:
- Responsible for all the IT operations in all Aden FOs including guest houses and warehouses.
- Perform necessary user services and support to all SCI staff including (Hardware/Software troubleshooting, staff supervision and devices installment and fixing like Printers-ADSLs-Fax-Photocopiers).
- Make sure that all the systems are protected from Computer viruses by installing and updating the AV systems in all the SCI computers and laptops.
- Maintain SCI IT policies.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Manage staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Maintain detailed inventory on IT system in Aden FOs and share with IT coordinator monthly.
- Send monthly report to IT coordinator includes work plans
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Travelling to the field offices regularly in order to fix their problems and help the program staff with all the issues they are facing.
- Support and Supervise the IT systems in the field offices
- Ensure that the SCI servers are running all the time to facilitate the work for the data entry staff.
Logistics ,Programs and communications:
- Help the logistics/Program staff in any technical/IT related purchase by specify the minimum requirement in the PRs and analysing offers in any technical purchase committee.
- Helping the program staff and other department to prepare for any extra activities like conferences, meetings or negotiating for developing websites.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a country wide/global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- displays consistent excellent judgement
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Diploma in computer sciences or IT (Certificates like MCITP is a plus).
- 3 Year experience working in IT department for a medium to large skill organization or business.
- Very good working knowledge in technologies like (LAN, WAN, DHCP, VPN, IP, Wireless devices, IP Cameras, CCTV, Servers, Backup devices).
- Strong experience on fixing computer problems and devices for laptops, desktops, Printers, Photocopiers, ADSLs, Firewall and Scanners.
- Welling to travel as needed to all our field offices in regular bases.
- Good reporting skills, Good communications-Training skills.
- Highly organized and working well under pressure.
- Good in writing and speaking of English and Arabic.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Has a good experience in electrical works
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Save The Children
Policy, Advocacy, Campaign Director (Re-Advertised)Deadline:21 Aug | Sana'a
Child Protection CoordinatorDeadline:19 Aug | Ibb
Environmental and Social Safeguarding Officer (ESSO)Deadline:20 Aug | Ibb
Humanitarian Operations ManagerDeadline:18 Aug | Sana'a
Health & Nutrition Program ManagerDeadline:19 Aug | Hajjah