Ended Sales Representatives
Position: Sales Representatives -Territory sales (TS-BDE)
Reports To: Sales Manager
Issue Date : 10th May 2018
1. Purpose of Position: Overall contribution to corporate goal
To utilise available resources i.e. territory, market segment, time and potential to develop the market and to achieve:
• Sales Targets (Volume and Product mix)
• Discount Targets
• Other Targets like Overdues, new accounts etc.
as agreed in accordance with the MCS (Multi Channel Sales) concept.
- To further develop the profitable sales of Hilti products to your defined customer base.
- To ensure the appropriate level of coverage is given to both Buying and Potential customers within the customer platform in order to develop profitable growth.
- To utilise all elements of the Sales Management Process (SMP) to effectively analyse, implement and control the opportunities within territory.
- To actively manage and develop the growth of key products within the sales territory.
- To target the appropriate customer groups to ensure successful introduction of new products.
- To actively and effectively demonstrate, service, train and where appropriate test Hilti products.
- To ensure timely collection of all the dues / overdues.
- To ensure your knowledge and skills are continuously developed for the benefit of both yourself and the company.
- To take full responsibility for all assigned company assets.
- To ensure compliance with all company policies & processes.
- To ensure all company documentation/information is maintained and submitted to necessary deadlines.
- Following are the Principal Accountabilities and their Measuring Standards (the details are contained in SMP/PMP/GPMS-Selling Process documentation):
1. Profitable Sales
1.1 Net Sales Target
1.2 Discount target
2. Customer & Product Platform Management
2.1 Customer Platform Target
2.2 Product Penetration Target
3.1 Territory Management
3.2 Daily Call Preparation
3.3. Planned Call Rate
3.4 Demonstration Rate
3.5 Action Planning
3.7 Daily Reporting
4. Key Applications & Products
4.1 Growth Targets for Key Applications & Products
5. Product Competence
5.1 Demonstration as appropriate element of call objective
5.2 Demonstration quality linked to SSS covering features, benefits and advantages
5.3 DX/GX & Power Tools Training in accordance with stipulated parameters
6. Core Competencies
6.1 Sales skills and ability
6.3 Product/Application/Customer Knowledge
6.4 Team Skills
6.5 Problem Solving
6.6 Commercial Awareness
6.7 Trade Understanding
6.8 Large Account Management (through LAMP – Gold Sheets)
7. Company Assets
7.1 Demonstration equipment and salesman stock
7.2 Company Vehicle
7.3 Company data and information
8. Company Policy
8.1 Complaints Procedure
8.2 Product Liability
8.3 Health & Safety
8.4 Terms and Conditions of Sale
* Refer to policy documentation for full compliance requirements for all policies referred to above.
9.2 DX/GX & Power Tools Training & Certification
9.3 Daily Planning
9.4 TTM Reporting
9.5 Written Quotations
9.6 Filing of Customer Complaints
9.7 Customer Record & Major Job-site Cards
9.8 Project List by Customer
10. MCS Model Usage
10.1 Customer Service
10.2 Hilti Centres
10.3 Web Site
11. Other Customer Support Services
11.1 Field Engineers
11.2 Key Project Coordinators
11.3 Finance Coordinators
3. Dimensions of Position:
As per current year approved OYP.
Sales Revenue YR:
4. Competencies required for position– Red Thread Profile
• Strong sales skills competence (SSS).
• Technical skills e.g. product and application knowledge.
• Can sell the Hilti value proposition and promote Hilti Differentiation.
Understanding the business
• Understands the business reasons behind our strategy and link it to daily work e.g. channel shift.
• Understands how the MO business works e.g. deliveries, credit services.
• Uses Hilti resources to maximise customer satisfaction e.g. use collection service for repairs.
• Understands the wider business environment beyond his territory and region – is familiar with the different organisational functions and the interdependencies.
Understanding and defining what needs to be done
• Understands C3C strategy and works accordingly e.g. spends time on medium and large accounts with potential, utilises other channels e.g. CS, HC in most productive way.
• Understands new products and their applications e.g. able to sell quickly and effectively to customers.
• Identifies opportunities to maximise customer service and translate into sales e.g. new product application opportunity.
• Able to develop plans to further penetrate e.g. key accounts / job sites. Anticipates barriers and plans alternatives.
Getting things done
• Effective time & territory management.
• Achieve their PMP/SMP targets on a consistent basis (e.g. sales, channel mix, new product introduction)
• Stays the course to achieve objectives, (e.g. high potential prospects, sale of new products, key projects)
• Achieve superior results on time.
Working with others
• Understands MCS team concept, and deploys the resources effectively.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with colleagues, e.g. CS, HC, FE, TS etc.
• Responds to internal/external customer problems with appropriate level of urgency e.g. Credit Control & Account Receivables etc.
• Displays ability to work with others and seeks to build relationships.
• Works hard and contributes but enjoys his job – has fun.
Developing yourself & others
• Is committed to continuous learning e.g. keeps abreast of product developments, new applications, emerging trends. Seeks out opportunities to learn and develop.
• Seeks feedback from customers and colleagues. Reflects on experiences / feedback and adapts accordingly.
• Undertakes work related further education activities e.g. marketing degree / diploma.
• Actively seek PMP feedback and SMD input where appropriate. Works to strengthen development areas.
• Prepared to go through a full cycle in the role – e.g. 3 years.
Living the Values
• Fully understands Hilti Core Values and live them in their daily business.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV to :
- Please mention the job title in the subject line