- Vacancy id: VAC-8201
- Job title: VAC-8201 Project Associate
- Location: Hadramaut -Tarim- ALabr
- Apply by: 16-Sep-2022
- Start date: 01-Oct-2022
- Duration: 6 months
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Bachelor's in Civil Engineering or related relevant study. (essential).
- Minimum of 3 year/s of demonstrable relevant WASH experience (essential).
- Geographical experience Minimum of 3 year/s of experience in Middle East (essential).
- Fluent in Arabic (essential).
- Working level in English (essential)
CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position
. Office/Unit/Project Emergency Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Support for Crisis Affected Communities in Hadramout
- The objective of this project is to restore access to life-saving WASH services in areas affected by COVID-19, floods, and conflicts through the following outputs.
- Output 1: Vulnerable population in target areas get access to basic water supply, sanitation, and hygiene service and
- Output 2: Health centers in the target areas are capable of providing proper services to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Support performance monitoring of the responsible party, BFD to track and report progress against planned results of WASH infrastructure and hygiene practices at the community level.
- Prepare and participate in regular field visits to project sites to monitor implementation of GOJ-funded project, ensuring that implementation is in line with the project proposal and the grant agreement.
- Support project management works with stakeholders and partners (local authorities, GARWAP, health institutes, NGOs, private consultants, and contracting companies).
- Support the collection of information and preparation of information products on the project regular, quarter and annual reports by contacting responsible party or analyzing available project data as required.
- Support and participate in lessons learned exercises; Plan, support and organize capacity building activities for target community and represent Our Client at the project level.
- Undertake technical verification of project materials upon delivery and organize for branding where necessary and collect beneficiaries’ feedback.
- Attend cluster meeting and other humanitarian coordination for as required in order to support awareness-raising and training on the project’s goals and objectives
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Reporting to Project Manager
- Communicating information and ideas: Actively listens and shares information in meetings and group discussions.
- Working in teams: Works collaboratively with colleagues inside UN and Our Client as well as its partners and other stakeholders to pursue common goals.
- Functional competencies
- Results‐based project management and monitoring
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
- Client orientation: Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Job knowledge/technical expertise: Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position, WASH
- Conflict management/negotiating and resolving disagreements
- Expresses own point of view in a neutral manner rather than in an argumentative tone, avoiding unproductive conflict.
- Conceptual innovation in the provision of technical expertis
- Analyses ongoing trends, evolving needs and emerging issues to identify appropriate responses for capacity building
- Minimum of 5 years in WASH
- Experience of 3 years in hygiene promotion and community mobilization
- Recognized knowledge on project management or monitoring
- Professional experience with UN agencies or other international organizations would be an asset.
- Good level of IT literacy (MS. Word & Excel)
- This role has no team management responsibility
Further information:Required Language(s) (at working level)
- The post holder is expected to be fluent in Arabic and working Knowledge of English
- Training skills to wash facility rehabilitation
- If required for specific services. For example: ACCA, CIPS, CISCO, etc.
- The Post holder is expected to travel between Aden, Mukalla and Sanaa as Client head office for official business.
- The post holder may travel any other relevant area with in and outside Yemen as required and availability of budget for project works.
- The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- please make sure to attached your cv too indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position,
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials
How to Apply
Kindly click on the below link and attached your CV, and motivation letter
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل