Programme Associate (Nutrition) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Contract type: Fixed Term Contracts
Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Sana’a, Yemen
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
This job is found in WFP Yemen, Sana'a. Job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or Head of Field Office.
At this level, job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.
WFP Yemen is currently seeking a Programme Associate (Nutrition) to provide effective specialised support and technical analyses to nutrition policy and programme activities that effectively meet nutritional needs of vulnerable people. This position will specifically be focussed on supporting the WFP partnership with the Ministry of Public Health and Population
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Establish strong communication channels between the WFP Area Offices and the GHO for effective programme implementations
- Support the timely food and non-food requestioning and follow up for timely commodity availability with GHOs
- Provide support for project management support to nutrition-related programmes, projects and activities, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes and projects that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data and report submissions , reviews and feedbacks on all the submitted distribution and training reports submitted by the Governorate Health Offices within the established mechanisms . Including coordinate and communicate with partners and WFP field staff for timely and accurate reporting of nutrition activities including data entry into the corporate M&E platforms to ensure efficient delivery and management of food assistance.
- Support the preparation of presentations, reports and data analysis on nutrition programmes and policies and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners including government on nutrition policies, programmes, strategies, action plans, protocols, guidelines, manuals etc.
- Provide support for operational partnerships, including inter-agency collaboration, to ensure a strong response to nutrition as well as contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to support effective collaboration and follow up on processes related to MoPHP payments
- Coordinate the organisation of meetings including coordination meetings of Ministry of Health, and workshops with partners, and maintain up to date database of partners.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in public nutrition, nutrition and food security, maternal child nutrition and health, public health, medicine or any other related field to nutrition will be considered an advantage.
- At least five (5) years of experience in planning and implementing nutrition programs
- Has obtained technical experience in nutrition programs, especially with the operational side and experience working with the MoPHP will be an added advantage
- Familiar with the life cycle and activities starting from planning to implementation and to reporting of nutrition programming
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions, preferably in nutrition programs
Nationality: Yemeni National / valid work/residency permit holders only
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience in nutrition project management and engagement in policy discussions.
- Experience and exposure to working with nutrition and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in conducting nutrition analysis and report writing.
- Experience in contributing to the development of nutrition-related policies, strategies, guidelines/protocols, manuals.
SKILLS AND COMPETANCIES
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Good computer knowledge and skills and good knowledge on statistical software for nutrition analysis.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict deadlines.
- Ability to engage effectively with a wide range of colleagues and partners.
- Proactive, takes initiative, courteous, tactful, and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to handle additional tasks.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfil the needs of internal and external partners.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)||Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.|
|Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas||Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government||Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The applicant should be a Yemeni national or having work/residency permit.
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- WFP FT staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
- (NB: Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-year period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30 June 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل