Ended Finance Assistant
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Finance Officer
Location: Sana'a, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Assistant will support all accounting processes related to the project on a daily basis. He/She will ensure that proper financial and programmatic documentation related to expenditures is submitted and filed. The duties are specified in particular as follows:
- Managing and recording the petty cash up to date and ensure that cash is available at all times for implementation of the activities or any surprise cash count.
- Managing the cash advances movement as per Global Communities procedures.
- Reviewing all approved payment documents with authorized signatures for proper and adequate backup before a bank or cash disbursement.
- Prepare all payments vouchers and cheques/bank TRFs while ensuring adequacy and accuracy of supporting documentation.
- Ensure that all cash/bank transactions have been recorded up to date.
- Keeping a bank balance-tracking sheet up to date and coordinate with Finance Office / Senior Finance Officer for bank balance in local and foreign currency.
- Assisting in bank accounts and cash reconciliations.
- Maintain a proper filing system for all financial and accounting documents up-to-date.
- Scan all vouchers, contracts and other financial documents as well as supporting documents on a regular basis.
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and regulations of Global Communities.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
University degree preferably in (Finance or Accounting) and/or related field and 2- years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Previous experience in field offices is a plus.
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From December 2018 until August 15, 2021.
- The application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. The cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- The position is open until it is filled.