Ended Cook\Guest House
Job Title: COOK\Guest House
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Location: Aden, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Cook is in charge of doing food shopping and preparing Break Fast /lunch and dinner for the Guest House staff. The duties are specified in particular as follows:
- Uses cooking equipment and can prepare different types of healthy foods.
- Keeps cooking preparation area clean and sanitary.
- Wears gloves and tie his/her hair
- Prepares various types of breakfasts including bread
- Prepares and barbecue various types of meats and fishes
- Prepares various types of salads, juices, and deserts
- Prepares foods according to the desire of the staff and on time.
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two years of experience in a related position to become familiar with the accepted practices involved in providing cook and cleaning services.
Fluency in written and oral Arabic; English skills would be preferable.
- Proven working experience as a cook
- High sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Punctuality, honesty, and integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Basic English and fluency in Arabic.
Able to work out of office location, at times and at odd hours.
From December 2018 until May 15, 2021.
- The application should consist of a detailed resume or CV. The CV should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YCST program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- Applications will be received until the position id filled.
- Due to the urgency for this position interviews will be done on a rolling basis.