Ended Trainers Coordinator
Job Title: Trainers Coordinator
Department: Programs Department
Reports To: PACE & Capacity Building Manager
Location: Aden, Yemen
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Trainers Coordinator duties are specified in particular as follows:
- Assisting PACE and Training Managers in coordinating and overseeing and training of community mobilizers in facilitating and delivering project interventions.
- Keeps track and distributes weekly training, meetings, workshop activities (Weekly Events Calendar) for the project
- Assist Pace and Training Manager in preparing, organizing and delivering training, workshops, and conferences include venue, logistics, and participants related issues
- Identify the needs of program teams by evaluating opportunities and establishing effective cooperation with other training agencies.
- Ensure delivery of the project by: supervising the management of the network of trained community members and consultants; coordinating learning interventions annually, preparing learning material; leading retreats and workshops and delivering training sessions; training and coaching other facilitators/trainers to lead retreats and workshops; defining and reviewing with project consultants/trainers their contribution to workshops, preparing workshop evaluation reports.
- Keep data based on the project training and mobilization activities and evaluations
- Guide and facilitate the implementation of learning and training activities using different training methodologies, resources, and tools.
- Assess the impact of learning and training initiatives through regular follow-up evaluations and recommend new approaches or modify existing ones with a view to strengthening training and learning activities on an on-going basis.
- Submit and update required reports by the deadlines;
- Support community mobilizers to train committees on community engagement principles and work planning, including strategies to ensure gender equity and principles of conflict sensitivity, using existing curricula adapted by YCST
- Develop and deliver experiential training all training programs, in order to ensure that program design and implementation meets the needs of CETs members and YCST effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate and obtain, as needed, professional and technical assistance for training programs from all applicable or appropriate sources.
- Represent GC (YCST) at various local, regional, state and national meetings related to the training programs.
- Conduct and supervise training and development programs for employees and CETs in different districts.
- Assist the CETs and local governments in their planning and development efforts through the training models, including the project development cycle.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Master’s degree is preferred
- 3-5 years of experiences in managing capacity building training programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in both Arabic and English
- Working knowledge of spoken and written English and Arabic
- Proven ability to work under very limited supervision, prioritization of tasks and task management.
- Ability to cope with a demanding and flexible work schedule which often requires work outside normal office hours; and travel to other locations in Yemen
- 2-3 years’ experience in community development preferably with INGOs.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Previous experience in field offices is a plus.
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From December 2018 until May 15, 2021.
- The application should consist of a detailed resume or CV. The CV should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YCST program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- Applications will be received until the position id filled.
- Due to the urgency for this position interviews will be done on a rolling basis.