Junior Logistics Assistant (Warehousing) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: Junior Logistics Assistant (Warehousing)
- Organizational Unit: Procurement Logistic Unit
- Duty Station: Yemen, Marib
- IOM Classification: G3
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No.: SVN2021.108
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Tuesday 19 Oct 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Logistics Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics Assistant (Warehousing) the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out procurement functions in accordance with IOM’s procurement regulations, rules and procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Open a registry to systematically track the requests and its status and outcomes for the Warehouse as required.
2. Support the documentation requests, with proper filing and tracking mechanism as required for the Warehouse.
3. Assist the unit in ensuring a proper archiving and filing system is established.
4. Maintain proper Market survey sheet and maintain a data base for estimated cost based on previous purchase for the Logistics Office in case of replenishment,
5. Prepare and submit to Finance Unit all payment requests related to Warehousing function in a timely manner, ensuring it is before end of the closure of the Month.
6. Prepare tracking for each Warehouse activity, replenishment, loading, offloading, incoming or outgoing as required ensuring adequate confirmation and status of the arrived goods, ensure appropriate funds are available for purchase.
7. Monitor and supply offices supplies and other materials for the Warehousing purposes.
8. Clean up and keep the entire warehouse facility well maintained, including ensuring that goods are stacked and stored in appropriate manner.
9. Monitoring the loading/offloading activities at the warehouse whenever taking place and hire a sufficient labor to cover the job properly. Follow up on the transportation of the goods exiting the warehouse to other destinations in order to ensure they reach their final destination.
10. Support the team by issuing the “Receiving Report Forms” for the new arrival items into the warehouse and issuing the “Stock Release Authorization Form” when releasing items from the warehouse as required
11. Perform any other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
• Degree or Equivalent in related field;
• Minimum 4 years relevant work experience; Experience in the Humanitarian Field will be an advantage;
• Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services.
• Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations.
English and Arabic
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism
• Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
• Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
• Monitors own work to correct errors
• Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
• Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
• Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
• Contributes to colleagues' learning
• Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
• Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
• Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
• Actively shares relevant information
• Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
• Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
• Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
• Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
• Convinces others to share resources
• Presents goals as shared interests
• Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
• Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
• Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
Planning and Organizing
• Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
• Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
• Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
• Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
• Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
• Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
• Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
• Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
• Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
• Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
• Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
• Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
• Contributes to, and follows team objectives
• Gives credit where credit is due
• Seeks input and feedback from others
• Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
• Actively supports and implements final group decisions
• Takes joint responsibility for team's work
• Learns about developments in available technology
• Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
• Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل