Ended FSL Coordinator
Location: Sana’a with visit to Field,
Contract Type: Service contract,
Reporting To : FSL Program Manager
Application Deadline: January 23, 2019
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment,
The Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator is responsible for leading field based implementation of FSL activities, including supervising project staffs, overseeing project implementation and management. He/She will identify project supplies needs and coordinate with Logistics team to put in place a procurements paln , ensuring M&E plan links to reporting requirements , and capacity build technical field staff in carrying out the work . The FSL coordinator will Coordinate FSL needs assessments, project planning, technical designs, coordinating with local partners and preparing monthly and quarterly progress reports.
Key Responsibilities ,
- Prepare Project Implementation Plans to guide the Project Officers in the implementation of field activities.
- Coordinate the implementation of food security and livelihood projects/interventions in the Programme Area according to TYF strategy, as well as based on proposals, budgets and plans.
- Ensure that activities are completed within the specified timeframe and to acceptable levels of technical and programme quality.
- Develop and implement an effective food security strategy with project staff and field officers,
- Continuously monitor and supervise project activities, overseeing the technical design and execution and evaluating progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Prepare high quality Monthly progress reports and other documents and submit them to the Area Manager .
- Lead any FSL technical needs assessments during project proposal development and inception phases.
- Collaborate with the MEAL Officer to analyze data from needs assessments and provide evidence based justifications to the Area Manager on expansion to new target areas.
- Responsible for monitoring the impact of the project, support decision making and promote learning through documentation of best practices and follow up of necessary adjustment.
- Undertake regular field/onsite visits to ensure technical support to project staff and proper monitoring of the activities’ implementation in area of operation.
- Facilitate regular meetings to assist information sharing between project staff, to ensure all staff members are aware of current work plans and to provide the opportunity for feedback ,
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline,
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant working experience with a humanitarian program.
- Prior experience in a supervisory position, with problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
- Previous experience of project management, including multi sector programmes ,
- Experience and skills in working with local authorities .
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in using computer software, i.e. MS office programs and internet.
- Strong skills in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Interested candidates should send their CVs and Cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 23th January 2019, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.