- Job Title: Project Coordinator
- Job Location: Taiz, Aden
- Job Status: Fixed worker
- Contract duration: 6 months
- Reports to: PGM
- Start date: ASAP
MedGlobal is a global and health humanitarian organization that builds resilience in fragile states and vulnerable communities through emergency response, health services delivery, and sustainable programming. MedGlobal vision is to create a world without healthcare disparity.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
1. Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
2. Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal
The Project Coordinator (PC) will be responsible to ensure that the health and nutrition response activity is executed in line with the national and international humanitarian standards and donor guidelines and it demands ability to manage, organize and support all aspects of the project. Coordinate and liaise with other agencies including HC, NC, UNICEF, WFP, UNOCHA at field level to in order to effectively implement MSP according to MOH standard and Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) components and other nutrition/health activities in a cost effective manner with no duplication/overlapping of activities. Assess needs for strengthening of the health facilities for quality service delivery. Develop and implement training modules to meet needs established as part of the assessment and facilitation of trainings and supervision to project activities and regular technical support to health care workers to ensure national and international nutrition guidelines are adhered.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Planning and coordinating all project activities with health and nutrition line ministry officials - MoPH (Governorate Health Coordinator, District Health Managers, District Nutrition Supervisors)
- Support in implement Tele-medicine during the project period, coordinating referral system with MOH, Hospital and Partner.
- Regular technical support to MG health officers in implementation and reporting of MSP and CMAM activities in all the targeted health facilities in close collaboration with MoPHP
- Coordinating with other key stakeholders at Governorate level (HC, NC, WFP, UNICEF, UNOCHA and other nutrition partners)
- Working as a team with other MG project staffs and other support departments (HR, Finance, Security and Admin)
- Regular interaction with project beneficiaries and other community members in the spirit of engaging them in all project implementation stages (planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) as well as complains/feedback mechanism.
- Liaising with relevant local authorities at governorate level to ensure smooth implementation of all funded project activities
Scope of the Role:
Reporting to Program Manager, Project Coordinator is the overall in-charge of all funded project activities in his/her duty station. The staff will be the link between MG and other stakeholders at governorate/district level in matters Health and Nutrition with technical and administrative support from Program Manager.
He/she will be jointly work with MG team at field level to prepare all the required health and nutrition reports and accomplish any other assignment requested by the supervisor.
Responsibility for Resources:
- The staff will take care of any asset issued to him during his tenure and report any loss or damage to the Line manager or Admin/Finance Officer where this applies
- The staff will properly file and safely store all project documents both in hard and soft copies and produce them any time they are required
- The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with MG values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. This includes but not limited to:
Project Planning and Coordination
- Support the management of the nutrition programmes including the provision of technical support, training and capacity building for the MG officers, Mobile Teams and MoPH health care workers.
- Ensure effective start up, management, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the project.
- Jointly develop quarterly work-plans with MoPH in respect to project goals, objectives and funded project activities in coordination with project teams and MoPH where necessary.
- Ensure intervention strategies are inclusive and address the needs of the most vulnerable groups.
- Ensure that to the possible extent and practical in the relief/transition/ development phases that MG complies with the Sphere and other recognized standards for provision of health and nutrition services.
- Actively participate and represent MG during monthly sub-cluster coordination meetings and other relevant meetings at governorate/district level and share updates/minutes with Programme Manager.
- Network with other non-government organisations working in Nutrition and health at the district/governorate level and share notes and where necessary plan jointly.
Project Implementation and Monitoring
- Providing support and guidance to the MG officers, Mobile Teams, MoPH and other implementing partners in implementation of project activities according to the project proposal document and log-frame guided by agreed work-plans.
- Conduct on-job-trainings for MG Mobile Teams in the targeted health facilities and community health workers to ensure national nutrition guidelines are adhered to.
- Monitor and track all nutrition commodities issued to MG to ensure it reaches the intended final distribution points and that the same reaches the intended beneficiaries
- Conduct regular supervisory visits and random spot check to all the targeted health facilities to ensure consistency of provision of health and nutrition and health services by MG Mobile Teams.
- To assess the training needs of MG staff and develop a training programme to meet these needs.
- Conduct training on Community Based Management Of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) for project staff and MoPH health care workers
- Provide support and guidance to other project staffs during supervision and implementation of the project activities in your respective project areas.
- Conduct monthly/regular meetings with project staffs to review monthly/weekly work-plans and address any challenge and keep his line supervisor updated on the outcomes of such meetings.
- Ensure that all information on health and nutrition implementation, policy networking or other communications with MG staff, management and external actors is passed in a complete, accurate and timely manner
Report Preparation & Submission
Provide regular and timely updates to the Programme Manager and the rest of the project team on progress, priorities and constraints both verbally and in writing.
Compile and submit on timely manner both MG and other donor reports with assistance from other appropriate project staff.
Prepare and submit quarterly project case studies/success stories to showcase project achievements and contribution of project in saving lives in your project areas.
Document and share best practices and lessons learnt within the organization and with other stakeholders in your project areas.
Developing fact sheets as needed on relevant health and nutrition issues affecting children and women to be used for advocacy and fundraising.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent writing skills with the ability to clear and precise reports
2. Ability to plan and organize work independently with minimal supervision paying attention to detail and completing the planned tasks in timely manner
3. Supervisory and managerial skills with proven ability to manage a demanding workload
4. Previous experience working for I/NGO is an asset
5. Proficient in computer application (MS Word, MS Excel)
6. Fluent in both English and Arabic (written and spoken)
7. Familiarity with program area is highly desired
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, team player, collaboration, developing teams, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, negotiating, planning and organization.
- At least Bachelor of Science Degree in medicine or health-related field combined with experience in MSP and CMAM projects.
- Two to Three years’ experience in MSP and community-based nutrition intervention preferably in emergency context
- Knowledge and practical experience of the national/international health and nutrition protocols
- Adequate experience in set up and implementation of CMAM project
- Experience in facilitating trainings and workshops
- Experience in planning and preparation of clear budget breakdown for project activities
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to
email@example.com with the subject line: “Project Coordinator - Position”
Thank you for your interest in working with MedGlobal!
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل