Ended Finance Manager
Job Title: Finance Manager (1)
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
Application Deadline: 15- 01- 2019
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
Overall Main Objectives:
Under the Supervision of the GM, the Finance Manager is responsible for the overall financial functions of ADO Offices. S/he is responsible for accounting of monthly expenditures, finance and budget planning, management, control, and reporting in support of ADO operation.
She/he will manage all financial related personnel, including subcontractors, as well as provide management and oversight to ensure that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards. In addition, s/he will manage all bookkeeping, bank accounts, and cash flows to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain financial systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, accuracy, integrity and transparency of all finance activities in accordance with ADO financial systems, guidelines, Donor requirements, national legal requirements, and internationally accepted accounting standards.
- Supervise and manage the Finance team in ADO main office in Sana’a.
- Manage all daily transactions for expenses, cash and cheque payments, reconciliations… etc;
- Prepare monthly fund request to general manager in coordination with Program Managers and senior management;
- Produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines;
- Supervise and manage monthly closing of finance accounts, bank balances, petty cash… etc;
- Ensure budget tracking system for all programs, and maintain data on expenditures by line item;
- Generate budget pipelines for expenditure with ADO Senior management;
- Ensure effective filing of all hard copies, and ensure all paperwork and supporting documentation are accurate and present when needed;
- Supervise monthly payroll for ADO Staff, volunteers, consultants… etc;
- Assist and support Senior Management in the preparation of budgets for project proposals.
- Ensure the effective and efficient working of budgetary, accounting, reporting and internal control
- systems for the main office.
- Ensures timely preparation and delivery of standard financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis in a manner that can enhance greater transparency and accountability
- Ensures the preparation and timely delivery of financial reports according to the specific requirements of the various projects implemented with partners
- Facilitates the conduct of a periodic audit as may be required internally by ADO and externally by its partners.
- Provides adequate oversight to the budget performance to ensure that cost control mechanisms are strictly applied to avoid deficits and cost over runs
- Monitors the implementation of standardized procurement procedures at all levels; takes the necessary corrective actions, in cooperation with the concerned departments including units and field office, in case of violation
- Ensures that the required logistics capacities and facilities are available, with a reliable system of control, to support ADO’s operations at all levels
- Closely works with other departments and ensure that the necessary support service elements are considered in the planning and management of other ADO activities
- Liaise with and assist external auditor in respect of annual financial statements and related matters.
- To be deal with local authorities regarding to Taxes and social security.
- To monitor the procurements the procurement transactions and procedures.
Education and Experience
- At least a Graduate B/A in Finance is required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in financial management with an I/NGO involving work in finance, accounting, budget, audit and related functions with solid grasp of accrual accounting as well as supervisory experience
- Wide experience in the use of computer applications; clear understanding on the usage of financial software systems. Experience of Onyx pro desirable.
Specific skills for the post:
- Proven experience working in complex environment.
- Senior-level managerial experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to communicate effectively at a professional level.
- Demonstrates experience in building from scratch, complex Financial strategies.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Fluent in English and Arabic (Speaking and writing. (
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to send your application: 15.01.2019, you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your CV won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.