Ended C4D Officer (3)
C4D Officer (2, One Female & One Male)
Division : Programs.
Location : Sa’ada Governorate.
Reports to : WASH Project Coordinator
Duration : 7 months
Organization & Background:
YFCA is a leading, Humanitarian, non-Governmental, non-Profit, non-denominational and impartial Organization established in 1976 to improve woman and child health. Dramatic changes in YFCA mandate were introduced gradually to accommodate the emerging needs of women, children, youth and vulnerable groups. From that Health perspective, YFCA programs incorporate wider thematic interventions including WASH, Shelter, and Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture and Livelihood, Education, Early Recovery and Protection. To pursue its unchanging humanitarian mission, YFCA will thoughtfully continue its expansion process to respond to the ever changing needs of affected communities and vulnerable groups.
C4D Officer is responsible for providing technical and operational support in the development and implementation of a systematic and evidence-based strategy and process for C4D interventions to promote measurable behavioural and social change/mobilization through effective communication, engagement, empowerment and participation of Cash Transfer beneficiaries, stakeholders, partners, constituents, communities and civil society to achieve successful and sustainable concrete (program/project) results on children’s rights, survival and wellbeing in Yemen.
- Support, design, and implement an overall C4D strategy in support of the country programme;
- Develop and strengthen strong advocacy, outreach, networking and partnerships at national and subnational levels for effective implementation of social and behaviour change;
- Support the planning, implementation and monitoring of integrated C4D interventions designed to influence, promote and support household and community decisions that are in the best interest of the community in Yemen;
- Facilitate evidence generation, Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building of partners to plan and implement sustainable C4D programme in Yemen.
- Provide technical, administrative and logistical support and background materials to carry out C4D strategies and activities and recommend operational strategies, approaches, plans, methods and procedures to ensure community engagement and participation, and optimum outreach and impact .
- Assess and recommend potential contacts, networks, resources and multiple/social/digital media and tools to support maximum impact and outreach of C4D initiatives.
- Follow up and monitor the production of C4D materials to ensure technical quality, consistency and relevancy of communications materials that are developed, produced and disseminated to target community.
- Organize and conduct-training sessions for community leaders, Health facility workers, and community and follow up with the training to make sure that sessions is going smoothly.
- Collect, assess and organize information for budget planning and management of program funds and prepare documentations and related materials for financial plan for C4D initiatives. Monitor/track the use of resources as planned and verify compliance with organizational guidelines, rules and regulations and standards of ethics and transparency.
- Build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with national and international civil society organisations, community groups, leaders and other critical partners in the community and civil society to reinforce cooperation through engagement, empowerment and self-determination and to pursue opportunities for greater advocacy to promote UNICEF mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness.
- Collaborate with internal global/regional communication partners to harmonize, link and/or coordinate messaging to enhance C4D outreach and contribution to programmatic outcomes
- Support the training of staff, and community members to ensure they have a common understanding of what C4D is about (Policies and good practice). Develop training materials and activities to build capacity for participatory and behaviour change communication for the programme team, community structures and other identified stakeholders especially Health staff at District level.
- Ability to travel as required within the governorate ; ability to live in remote and isolated environments
- Organise home visits and visits to the community (schools, Health facilities, etc.) for implementation of the C4D.
- Development of C4D messages, C4D sessions and IEC materials.
- Any other tasks as needed.
Qualifications & Experiences:
- An advanced University Degree in social and behavioural science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or other related social science field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in areas of social development program planning, communications and development, public advocacy and/or related areas at the international and/or large organization some of which preferably were served in a developing country is required.
- Familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and work long hours.
- Solid planning, budgeting, reporting, M&E and computer skills.
- Solid staff management skills.
- Excellent social/diplomacy skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of guidance.
- Excellent English spoken & written skills.
- INGO experience preferred.
- Oral and written Language skills in English.
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts.
- NGO or humanitarian programming experience.
- Behavioural Changes & community mobilization experience with health background studies.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong team management skills and ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday Jan 13th, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.