Ended Procurement Manager
JOB TITLE: Procurement Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 6 Months and renewable.
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Deadline Date: 15 Jan-2019.
Building Foundation for Development (BFD), a non-Governmental, non-Profit organization (NGO), a humanitarian based development oriented which over years extended coverage to several governorates. It is being committed to contribute in attainment of the sustainable human development goals and realization of the vision of peace and welfare through sustainable and effective development projects.
please visit www.bfdyemen.org for more information.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Propose the regulations, policies and procedures for procurement , comply with the approved ones and develop plans and programs in a practical and economic way in order to secure all the needs of the projects, also oversee the implementation of these plans and programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the capture of pipeline information, and the supply chain ensuring that Program staff are well-informed and well-prepared for incoming goods and materials.
- Work with management to ensure that local market surveys are regularly carried out, to ensure a full knowledge of the availability and price of local items.
- Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt.
- Prepare procurement notices requests for Expressions of Interest and have them published locally and internationally when required.
- Prepare tender documents for the procurement of goods and non-consultants and Request for Proposals for selection of consultants
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Maintain a database on all procurement activities for a project.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement reports.
- Assist to identify capacity building opportunities for staff and train them in BFD procurement practices.
- Maintain a proper filing system in line with BFD standard practices for all procurement related documentations from the purchase request to the goods received note.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of requests.
- Ensure that all procurements are managed, tracked and recorded. Identify, and suggest items that should be part of a pre-approved tender process, and ensure that open and free competition for procurement's is adhered too.
- Ensure sure that the entire Procurement team are well managed and delegated tasks.
- Review and ensure completeness of all requisitions and communicates with programmer team for validation and inclusion.
- Communicate with budget holders and requesters on approvals and clarifications on their Request Orders.
- Convert Supply Plans into Procurement Schedules.
- Ensure that purchases are properly received and goods receiving made out and relevant data of each activity is updated.
- Coordinate purchase order/contract close out procedures when purchase orders/contracts are completed and payment done.
- Coordinate all reporting and information dissemination and ensure respective staff maintain proper maintain filing system on purchases.
- Engage in partnership logistics assessments.
- Participate in the process of supplier qualification.
- Actively participate in the implementation of Performance Management. Including objective setting, performance review, upward feedback and personal development plans. Ensuring relevant aspects of BFD.
- Ensure appropriate and effective performance management of line managed staff.
- Ensure implementation of BFD operational policies, procedures and guidelines. With support from technical advisors and programmer service staff as needed.
- Be a member of BFD team; participating in appropriate staff meetings, planning sessions and on-going liaising as needed.
- Provide BFD departments with assistance upon the management request.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: BCS Degree in Procurement/Supply Chain Management/Logistics/Accountant or related field
1- In-depth experience in procurement, good knowledge of purchasing systems and knowledge of donor regulations and Tender and Bidding Yemeni Law.
2- At least 5 years of general logistics experience but not less than 4 years’ experience in procurement.
3- Demonstrated success in formulating policy, and development and implementing strategies and procedures.
4- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market.
5- Commitment to and understanding of BFD’s aims, values and principles
Work Skills & Abilities
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent skills in purchasing techniques within the context of this position
- Good computer skills: Excel, Word, the purchasing system
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to field sites
- Ability to plan with good organizational skills, multi-task including prioritization and ability to work under pressure
- Attention to details
- Initiative and ability to follow up on issues
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities.
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments
- Punctuality and respect for applicable rules and procedures
- Independence, i.e. conducting tasks with minimal supervision, and stress resilience
- Self-motivation, goal/result-orientation and team work
- Flexibility, tolerance and maturity
If you believe that you have the qualification and skills to excel in this position, Please send your CV & Covering letter , Clearly stating the job you are applying for and the location of the job by email to: email@example.com
indicating in the subject line: Produrement Manager. Please do not wait for the deadline to apply;
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency, we may fill the position prior to the closing date
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: before 15/Jan/2019.