Ended Proposal & Reporting Officer
JOB TITLE: Proposal &Reporting Officer
REPORTS TO: Program Unit.
Contract Type: Full time.
Contract Duration: 6 Months and renewable.
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Deadline Date: 15 Jan-2019.
Building Foundation for Development (BFD), a non-Governmental, non-Profit organization (NGO), a humanitarian based development oriented which over years extended coverage to several governorates. It is being committed to contribute in attainment of the sustainable human development goals and realization of the vision of peace and welfare through sustainable and effective development projects.
please visit www.bfdyemen.org for more information.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
• Writing project proposals (humanitarian and developmental).
• Establish good working relations with (donors – NGOs) to build a strong relation and partnership towards the approval of the proposed projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing project proposals (humanitarian and developmental).
- Establish good working relations with (donors – NGOs) to build a strong relation and partnership towards the approval of the proposed projects.
- Establishes and manages partnerships both at the central and local level
- Continuously assesses the context and adapt the programme and team composition as required by the context.
- Ensures the agreed projects management methods, standards, and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Works closely with the Program Quality Manager in maintaining a clear and effective project monitoring and evaluation plan against qualitative and quantitative indicators ensuring that accountability and learning is taking place.
- Keep tracking the progress of the programs with clear milestones ensuring high accuracy of data collected, analyzed and reported.
- Coordinates and supports other team coordinators in work planning, reporting, partner liaison, networking and communication.
- Ensures quality filing and reporting systems for projects activities, feeding into reports to donors on implementation progress and achieved results.
- Coordinates all activities related to projects, including but not limited to planning and following up on the implementation of activities, coordinating with local partners and ensures timely achievement of projects milestones and objectives.
- Develops and maintains proactive, positive, and professional relationships with partner organizations, other NGOS. donors, clients, and key government officials, local authorities, CSOs, working on relevant issues to the project.
- Transfers project’s document into a comprehensive work plan outlining main and sub activities and effectively delegate and manage tasks and coordinate with partners.
- Oversees the management of project budgets.
- Formulates appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports and specific reports.
- Prepares regular reports and documentation of activities conducted.
- Ensures implementation of activities as per the work plan and all related documents and logistics are prepared and approved.
- Follows up and documents success stories and lessons learned and share them with the management on a regular basis.
- Coordinates M&E data, activity results, and documentation with Search DM&E Coordinator and Project Manager.
- Keeps Project Manager informed of progress achieved and challenges faced (through regular reports).
- Actively participate in the implementation of Performance Management. Including objective setting, performance review, upward feedback and personal development plans. Ensuring relevant aspects of BFD.
- Ensure appropriate and effective performance management of line managed staff.
- Ensure implementation of BFD operational policies, procedures and guidelines. With support from technical advisors and programmer service staff as needed.
- Be a member of BFD team; participating in appropriate staff meetings, planning sessions and on-going liaising as needed.
- Provide BFD departments with assistance upon the management request.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A university degree or equivalent certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment or equivalent experiences.
- Skills and Competencies Required for this Role
- At least 3 years’ experience of programme management and programme implementation.
- Substantial experience of managing budgets, staff and funding of the programme. This includes excellent management skills, with a good understanding of team development and proven financial management skills.
- Understanding and application of Project Cycle Management.
- Ability to work creatively, innovatively and effectively with limited direct supervision.
- Experience of managing restricted donor contracts (prior experience of managing HPF, EU).
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and negotiation skills. The ability to remain calm whilst deal with conflicting priorities/work under pressure is essential.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well work as a team player – supporting other departments is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal English and Arabic skills) and the ability to write clear, concise reports. Proven evidence of leadership skills including challenging motivating and developing a team through periods of change.
- Ability to work with others to develop vision into strategy and communicating and influencing this to a wider audience.
- Experience of working in conflict and complex locations.
- Travelling to other governorates if needed.
If you believe that you have the qualification and skills to excel in this position, Please send your CV & Covering letter , Clearly stating the job you are applying for and the location of the job by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating in the subject line: Proposal &Reporting Officer. Please do not wait for the deadline to apply;
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency, we may fill the position prior to the closing date
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered.
Deadline to send your application: before 15/Jan/2019.