Ended HR Officer
Job Title: : HR Officer
Report to: Executive Director
Department: HR & Admin
Contract duration: 1 Year ’ renewable based on performance and needs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the recruitment, testing and selection process for the jobs.
- Through collaboration with managers, assist in the development of staffing and recruitment plan ensure that each team is staffed appropriately according to need and funding availability, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure staff hiring is executed efficiently and in compliance with BFD policy and national Labor law.
- Ensure a transparent, timely and efficient recruitment processes;
- Ensure that pre-employment requirements are submitted and a personnel file with documentation according to HR checklist is opened for new staff on a timely basis;
- Ensure that all new staff have undergone orientation as provided for in BFD policies.
- Implement and follow up on staff Annual Performance Assessment and Agreement policy (APAA) to ensure the quality of the received documents and meeting deadlines.
- Develop and update a databank for advertised jobs.
- Responsible to maintain confidentiality of all staff and HR information and not sharing this information without prior approval from the Executive Director / Programme Manager
- Ensure that Health facilities supported by BFD are filled with qualified staff and meet the WHO standard.
Compensation and benefits
- Ensures the timely and efficient payroll preparation with accurate data on donor code, number of days, benefits;
- Ensures the proper and accurate tracking of leaves and Timesheet management processes.
- Ensure proper management of Staff Benefits including updating of tracking databases for medical insurance and other benefits applicable from time to time.
- Ensure the timely processing of new contract, contract extension, staff transfer, promotions, acting capacity, and other change of status;
- Manage processes related to disciplinary actions, staff separation, termination, including liaising with the Ministry of labor;
- Receive and follow up on Field Office and project related HR documents (time sheets, contracts, etc.) and maintain an organized and efficient filing system.
- Perform other related duties as required
HR Compliance and capacity strengthening:
- Ensures the consistent implementation of HR policies and procedures across the Field Operations.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of the overall staff learning and development strategy for the agency.
- Conduct regular assessment for all field offices; assess the filing systems/HR documentation in each field site and undertake immediate corrective measures;
- Strengthen, through provision of hands on and consistent support, the overall HR capacity in timely and efficient staff servicing, including contract extension, promotions, change on contractual status, leave applications, staff separation including exit clearance procedures;
- Strengthen HR capacity in the consistent implementation of HR systems including policies, procedures and operating standards in order to deliver more efficient and effective HR services ;
- Support in conducting periodic policy assessment and its implications during implementation at the field offices level and advise on alternatives where required.
- Be the Focal point in driving Performance management processes within the department and also supporting other departments in meeting the Performance Management processes in the field as per policy.
Human Resources Roles:
- Monitor the payroll and advise the FM on any changes before salaries are effected
- Plan and Manage the performance and development of staff in line with the HR Strategy; supervise the implementation by:-
- Support training needs assessment, develop and lead the implementation of an annual training plan for the staff in line with performance appraisal reports;
- Supervise the development of a periodic staff performance assessment report for management information and advice;
- Provide technical guidance to the management on how to reward or deal with exceptional and poor performance respectively Implement mechanisms for the management, maintenance of and access to Human resource information, records, reports and Knowledge.
- Provide Health and Safety advice and to proactively carry out risk assessments, including issues around staff health and welfare
- Support Management and HR staff on HR business processes and adhere to the standards required.
- Oversee monitoring of staff and health workers attendance.
- Implement the BFD standard operating guidelines for general administrational and provide administrative support to staff and visitors;
- Manage occupational health and safety procedures and equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers) and service them according to supplier's recommendations;
- Maintaining, keeping track of, and update records and payment schedules of the office utilities;
- Maintain effective communication in the office.
- Coordinate and overall manage office running and management (maintenance, repairs; equipment; stationery);
- Ensure office supplies and stationary are available for office use.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Staff Travel and Accommodation:
- Ensures staff travel and accommodation are coordinated in a timely manner as per policy
- Oversee the management of the Guest houses and staff accommodation.
- Directly supervise the HR Admin Officers, ensure objectives are set, ensure all work duties are performed satisfactorily and performance management process is concluded in a timely manner.
- Ensure all HR Admin weekly, monthly and other reports are prepared and consolidated for management use as appropriate
Number of Employees Supervised: [ 6 ]
Budget responsibilities: [ N/A ]
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology, Business Administration or related discipline. Additional professional qualifications in HR is key in delivering in this role
1- In-depth experience in HR and knowledge of donor regulations and national Law.
2- At least 5 years of experience in the same position (HR&Admin Manager).
3- Demonstrated success in formulating policy, and development and implementing strategies and procedures.
4- Commitment to and understanding of BFD’s aims, values and principles
Identify preferred requirements:
Desirable Experience with recognized international and local NGO will be an added advantage
Work Skills & Abilities
- Advanced English language written and communication skills
- Computer literate, including word processing, databases/ spreadsheet
- Detail oriented and good record keeper.
- Able to draft standard letters and other written communications.
- Good time management with ability to priorities.
- Able to multi-task in dealing with all three components of the job.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of working.
- Solutions focused, looks for ways to make the achievement of objectives possible.
- Anticipates outcomes of activities and uses initiative to keep these activities on course.
- Has a good knowledge of the work of department and able to self-start;
- Proven ability to organize work effectively.
- Service oriented.
- Achieving Results: Organization to Work Effectively; Drive to Achieve Results; Tenacity; Initiative;
- Thinking & Understanding: Organizational Awareness; Knowledge Management; Analytical Thinking;
- Self-Management: Managing Emotions; Self Awareness; Adaptable & Flexible; Respect for Others;
- Working Effectively With Others: Following; Supporting Others; Interpersonal Awareness; Communications; Influencing Others
- Leading Others: Delegation; Taking Charge;
- Willingness and fitness to travel for sustained periods of time;
- Understanding of the complexities of working in a multicultural environment;
If you believe that you have the qualification and skills to excel in this position, Please send your CV & Covering letter , Clearly stating the job you are applying for and the location of the job by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating in the subject line: HR Officer. Please do not wait for the deadline to apply;
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency, we may fill the position prior to the closing date
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered.
Deadline to send your application: before 15/Jan/2019.