Ended Compliance Officer
Job Title: compliance Officer (1)
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
Application Deadline: 15- 01- 2019
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
Tasks and duties:
- Reviewing and analyzing procedures compliance with the domestic policies, rules and guidelines of the organization. this includes conducting examinations and assessments that regularly evaluate whether regulations and procedures operate in accordance with donor policies, procedures and regulations.
- Reviewing and developing all policy and procedure manuals and making recommendations for improvement and their compatibility with donor policies.
- Reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, the efficiency of internal controls, the reliability of financial reports, compliance with applicable laws and the protection of the organization assets.
- Planning, implementing and reviewing internal audit reports that financial controls, financial guidelines for donor organizations and other oversight procedures have been properly implemented in projects.
- Completion of the missing policies and regulations of the Organization.
- Providing solutions to the problems of differences and inconsistencies between ADO policies and regulations and donor policies and regulations and developing and implementing solutions to reconcile compliance requirements of donors with other programs of ADO.
- Identifying vulnerability and risk under existing grants and proposing proactive action along with the Management to develop corrective actions.
- Regular assessment of the effectiveness of the organization's branch systems to identify, mitigate risks, recommend and start changes to processes to improve compliance monitoring.
- Reviewing the monthly financial reports and providing constructive feedback.
- Effectively Communicating with the external auditor of the Organization and donors and attending to their requirements.
- Providing technical support to the finance & Human Resource Sectors and the operation team.
- Assisting all sectors in effectively identifying, documenting and mitigating the risk of accountability and compliance associated with program and process activities.
- Periodically reviewing the warehouses of the Organization to ensure obligation to storing regulations, its receipt and delivery.
- conducting typical review of procurement transactions to ensure compliance with regulating policies & procedures and also to donors’.
- Conducting typical review of payroll processing to ensure compliance with regulating policies and procedures.
- Reviewing a sample of appointments, grievances, discharge, performance assessment and handbook manuals to ensure compliance with ADO’s organizational policies, procedures, laws and donor regulations if applicable.
- Ensuring clearance of any obligatory processes such as taxes and social security.
- Reviewing debentures and financial transactions on a regular basis.
- Advise and monitor quality standards and financial values and make recommendations for improvements.
- Examining the domestic regulations, targeting high-risk specifics, documenting any weaknesses & their impact, and make recommendations to address these weaknesses.
- Communicating periodically with Senior management to verify progress on internal and external audit recommendations.
- Paying Regular site visits to program sites to identify any weaknesses and preparing accurate and timely reports.
- Reviewing full compliance of reports provided to donors to ensure their accuracy and timely submission.
- Providing the necessary training for financial and other staff to ensure that the requirements of the Organization and donors are met.
- Following up the implementation of management recommendations and procedures.
- Where necessary, conducting investigations into fraud, mismanagement, loss of assets or any other investigation.
- Preparing a written report for each task to present the findings and conclusions to the Senior management.
- Responding to management inquiries regarding the Internal Review Environment of the Organization.
Education and Experience
- University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in relevant field (e.g. Audit, Finance, Management, International Development, etc.) CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), and/or Master’s degree in relevant field is preferred
- Audit, Compliance and/or Risk experience is preferred with background in Risk Analysis.
Specific skills for the post:
- Familiarity with the different types of instruments (Grants, Contracts, sub-awards, etc.)
- Familiarity various business controls (HR, Finance, Procurement, I.T, Program)
- Familiarity with various donor rules and regulations is a plus.
- Proven experience working in complex environment.
- Senior-level managerial experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to communicate effectively at a professional level.
- Demonstrates experience in building from scratch, complex Financial strategies.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Fluent in English and Arabic (Speaking and writing. (
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please send your CV to email@example.com
Deadline to send your application: 15.01.2019, you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your CV won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.