Ended Finance Manager
An independent, nonprofit, nongovernmental organization that works across Yemen is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Finance Manager.
- Number of posts: 1
- Based in: Sana’a
- Deadline: January 15th, 2019
Summary of the role:
The Organization activities and projects are growing and thus we are seeking a well-qualified Finance Manager who will be responsible for effective financial management, grants funds tracking and reporting and in compliance with the organization values and multiple international donors' regulations such as European Commission, UN bodies and other foreign governments. She/he will work closely with program/projects team members to ensure and maintain sound financial Management in accordance to the international standards of accounting and the effective internal policies, practices, and procedures.
The Finance Manager will make sure of smooth running of the organization activities and aid to enable related staff and other stakeholders to carry out the implementation of projects and other activities of the organization in the most effective and efficient manner. The Finance Manager must keep efficient, transparent and reliable Finance processes and outputs and generate timely and relevant information to facilitate informed decision making.
The role tasks will include, but not inclusively, multiple projects budgets management, tracking of expenditures, generating regular, up to date and timely financial reports according to donors' forms and requirements and alerting the management in case of major under/ over spending or any shortfalls.
The Finance Manager will lead and mentor a small finance team to guide the effective management of new and current grants and ensure risks are mitigated. As member of Administrative board, She/he will actively participate in strategic discussions and provide sound financial oversight and recommendations.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Finance Manager will carry out the following duties:
1. Accounting and Financial Management
- Lead on all daily transactions, financial management and reporting across the organization multiple projects and activities, including advising and supporting other related organization units in maintaining effective and efficient financial control and budget management and tracking.
- Prepare financial budgets of new projects and overall organization activities from scratch in coordination with related units Managers as required and perform budget revision as may be required.
- Perform regular monthly/quarterly/ semiannual/ annual budget Review and reforecasting process for all projects and activities.
- Forecast monthly cash-flow needs for projects implementations and other organization activities.
- Analyze gaps between planned budgets and actual expenses.
- Oversee and lead all audit procedures.
- Ensures timely preparation and delivery of standard internal financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis in a manner that can enhance greater transparency and accountability.
- Ensures the preparation and timely delivery of financial reports according to the specific requirements of the various projects implemented with international donors.
3. Team management and capacity building:
- Effectively lead a small qualified finance team
- Guide the financial team and conduct performance appraisals of directly supervised employees.
- Perform on job training and capacity building for finance team members in order to increase the level of technical ability and skills within the department;
4. Strategic duties:
- Act as a member of the Administrative board, making strategic inputs on financial issues and risks.
- Suggest and lead the identification of processes that could be utilized for better efficiency.
Experience and mandatory criteria:
- University degree in Finance, Accountancy.
- Membership in a professional body of accountants is preferred.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English & Arabic.
- At least 8 years of experience in finance/accounting including at least 4 years of experience in a leading financial role, preferably with an NGO.
- Profound experience in MS office applications especially excel and the usage of multicurrency financial software systems.
- Experience of managing international donor funds and ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
- Demonstrated ability of capacity building of staff.
- Understanding of grants cycles including financial, procurement and program cycles.
Candidates need to submit their CVs to: email@example.com