Ended Senior Field Associate
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Title of Position: Senior Field Associate
Position Number: 10030461
Category / Level: GL-7
Entry on Duty: Immediately
Duration: 1 Year
Location: Hodeida Field Office
Date of Issue: 30 December 2018
Closing Date for Applications: 13 January 2019
The Senior Field Associate will be supervised by the Head of Field Office and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor defines general work objectives and the incumbent completes the work independently. Work is controlled for meeting expected results and conformity to policy and procedures by the supervisor.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information, to establish understanding of respective needs; to ensure provision of services and resolution of problems and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on subject matters which may be of importance to the Organization.
Accountability: (key results that will be achieved)
- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a participating manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
Responsibility: (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Undertake regular visits to various sites in order to assess needs of persons of concern, with particular attention to vulnerable groups.
- Advise the supervisor on programme requirements and formulate project submissions, including community development and self-reliance activities, where applicable, in collaboration with authorities and implementing partners.
- Monitor and supervise the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure and make the necessary recommendation for its improvement.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- Contribute to the preparation of status and progress reports by providing info, preparing tables, etc.
- Monitor refugee movements related to repatriation and other inter-camps transfers.
- Assist functional units, the multi-Functional Team (MFT) and Snr Management to integrate participatory and community –based approaches in the overall protection delivery strategy.
- Assist in analysing protection risks and capacities of communities of concern.
- Collect data for monitoring of programs and budgets from AGD perspective.
- Coordinate Shelter, NFIs and CCCM sub-national cluster activities and chair regular meetings.
- Inform and act on the reports received on persons of concern within the refugee community or from the local authorities.
- Handle, in coordination with implementing partners, the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
Authority: (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
- Provide inputs for the country operations plan and other submissions and reports.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required competencies:
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Minimum 11 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Knowledge of International legal affairs relating to asylum, migration and related issues.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English.
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- UNHCR field experience.
Interested candidates must fill a Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel) (Attached Below). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Senior Admin/Finance Officer
Address: UNHCR BO Sana’a, P.O. Box 12093
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to sit for a test. No late applications will be accepted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).