Ended Warehouse Assistant
Responsiveness for Relief and Development Foundation (RRD) is a non-government organization that aims to contribute effectively to reducing human suffering in Yemen. RRD works with local communities and stakeholders to provide humanitarian aid for people in conflict-affected areas.
Position: Warehouse Assistant
Contract Type: 8 months
Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Move inventory including medical supplies and other materials across facilities.
- Process inventory including all medical supplies for delivery.
- Sort, organize, and store inventory in proper environment and location.
- Package items and label correctly.
- Scan delivered items and ensure quality.
- Report damaged or missing inventory and medical supplies to supervisors.
- Stack and organize large bulk items.
- Remove medical and other inventory from trucks or shipping and delivery to proper location.
- Update all logs and all documentation for inventory and transportation processing.
- Move materials from facilities to workstations, pick-up locations, or other locations.
- Wear safety gear at all times.
- Operate heavy machinery like forklifts to move or store inventory.
- Ensure workspace is free of debris and remove safety hazards from aisles.
- Work as an active team member to complete team goals.
- Prepare documentation and inventory for audits.
- Ensure all the requirements for the warehousing.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by Management.
- Diploma or related qualification in pharmacy, warehouse management and inventory.
- 3-5 years of experience working in warehouses pharmaceutical stores and coordinating logistics.
- Should have excellent organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience working with NGOs preferred.
- Documents to be submitted in English: please send CV in addition to contact details for a minimum of 2 reference persons (include position and relation must be sent for this application).
- How to send: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (applications delivered by hand will be not considered). Please write the job title (Warehouse Assistant) in the Subject Field of your email.
- Deadline for submission of application: 15 January 2018
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
RRD is an equal opportunity Employer. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.