Ended Guards (2)
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Guards (2)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 3 months
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Security & control
- Open and close the gate for inputs / outputs of individuals or vehicles.
- Check the entry and exit of visitors in the secure area according to ACTED rules (permission from ACTED responsible, filling entry/Exit book).
- Make sure that nobody enters the enclosure without permission and respect ACTED rules (no weapon, registration…).
- Check that the access doors are closed during non- working hours.
- Ensure that no ACTED material comes out of the compound without permission from logistician.
- Report any incident occurring during the shift and, in general, report any information relating to the safety of the mission.
- Always wait for the next shift guard before leaving and never leave workplace and the premises unattended for any reason.
- Performs a safety device control so that it is firmly in place (closed doors, lights, fire extinguishers, radios, flashlights, generators, fuel reserves, water, etc.), and if not, notify the line supervisor.
- Ensure compound maintenance (e.g. compound cleaning, garden maintenance, garbage management, etc.)
- Manage the start-up and stop of generator (diesel refuel before each start, check the oil level and record hours of start and stop the generator in the logbook).
- Ensure proper functioning of lighting (replacing defective light) and the portal
- Assist the driver and the team for loading / unloading vehicle.
- Support for various small -time logistics work (arrangement / moving chairs, small furniture or boxes, repairing).
- Be flexible in performing his duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties as requested by the supervisor
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 1-year experience in similar position.
Other skills required:
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Diligent attention to detail and safety.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Guard (2)-Saadah”.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- The closing date for applications is Monday, 14 January 2019.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification