Ended Finance Controller
Vacancy Announcement – Finance Controller -Sanaa
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah, Al Jawf and Aden.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
- Position: Finance Controller
- Department: Finance
- Reporting to : Senior Finance Manager
- Location: Sanaa
- Contract Type: Fixed term
- Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable contract
Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Control tasks:
- Support in analyzing the financial information and create controlling indicators;
- Ensures all financial and accountancy procedures are implemented and respected at Base & Country Office level;
- Control, create, and provide technical support to project financial management follow- up tools.
- Monitor and report deadlines to line Management
- Control and analyze running costs of Base and Country Office (staff, equipment, etc.)
- Administer and provide controlling tools of the Consolidated Contract follow up
- Ensures that offices respect existing financial procedures and that accounting documents are sent to Country Office, according to their deadlines;
- Track and report that all resources at Base and Capital office level are allocated on the correct project within the relevant period.
- Supervise and check that Finance documentation across bases (programmatic, procurement or otherwise) is as per policy and supports successful FLAT (Finance- Logistics – Administration – Transparency) in accordance with ACTED and external donor regulations.
- Coordinate and control allocation table tool.
- Manage and support the monthly, mid-year and annual closure
- Monitor and report to the line manager about the cash follow from donors within the projects with the help of the finance team.
- In charge of following & controlling Regional and HQ NLE’s
- In charge of following & controlling Financial data of the internal partners with providing support when needed.
- Organizing visits to bases to support on the work quality feedbacks.
- Provide Analysis of ACTED resources to be funded on new proposals;
- Provide information on the ATED monthly financial status and report it to line management
- Support in the payment processing or financial tasks when needed
- Other tasks as requested by line manager.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- 4 to 5 years’ experience in accountancy/finance/administration, ideally in the NGO sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree in audit, administration or accounting.
- Advanced proficiency in Word & Excel formulas and functionalities
- Experience with SAGA accounting software
- Preferable to be Aware of the labor law
- Rigorous with keen attention to details.
- Good knowledge of financial reporting and internal control mechanisms.
- Discreet and respectful of the confidentially of the information dealt with.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Arabic native language and proficient in English preferred.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical, multitasking problem solving expertise
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: " Finance Controller -Sanaa”.
- The closing date for applications is Monday 14 January, 2019.
- Candidates must rename CV & Cover letter: (First & Surname + Finance Controller Sanaa)
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification