Ended Executive Director
Job site: Aden
Reporting to: The Board of Founders
Application Closing Date: 15 days من تاريخ نزول الاعلان
Duration of Initial Contract: One year (extendable based upon performance)
Salary: 1200$/ Month
Purpose / Objectives:
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the organization. He / She is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and networking with all other stakeholders and partners (at the local, national, and international levels). The position reports directly to the Board of Founders.
- Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Develop project plans and proposals and oversees the implementation of such projects,
- Contributes in the development of internal policies,
- Responsible for leading the organization in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Founders.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Establishes employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operations.
- Reports to and works closely with the Board of Founders to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Organization throughout Yemen.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for developing resources necessary to support the organization’s mission i.e. constantly looking for opportunities to bring funds / projects to the organization.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the organization can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the organization’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations (i.e. working with other national Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) as well as local and international NGOs).
- Establishes and maintains relationships with various organizations throughout Yemen and utilizes those relationships to strategically enhance the organization’s Mission
- Responsible for effective administration of all operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Founders,
Required Skills and Experience
- Has a bachelor’s degree in in social sciences, international development or any other related field (preference is given to people with an advanced degree)
- Minimum 5 years working experience in project management (preference is given to people with experience in Development project management)
- Demonstrated experience working with MS Project is a plus,
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy, in particular Excel knowledge is a must)
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision Demonstrated experience in financial management and monitoring tools and systems
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Arabic Native
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members, staff members, and other volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (both in Arabic and in English).
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to adapt and respond to programmatic sudden changes
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented (pro-active)
- Readiness and ability to move around Yemen
To Apply: Please send a copy of your resume / CV as well as a Cover Letter in English to email@example.com before 14/01/2019