Ended Security and Liaison Assistant
Security and Liaison Assistant (IBB/Dhalee/Taiz)
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah, and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation, and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Security and Liaison Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Working hours and location
- The security assistance base officer is a full-time position based in IBB, following 8:00 am-4:00 pm (Sunday-Thursday) shift, including a 30-minute lunch and according to needs and agreement set up with management;
- According to needs, the security assistance base officer may be asked to intervene in other locations throughout ACTED’s areas of intervention.
Liaison Duties (In the absence of SLO)
- Liaise with government authorities, community groups, NGOs to better plan and coordinate base activities;
- Attend government and NGO meetings, including AHCT and FSAC cluster meetings and regular meetings with the NAMCHA, MOPIC, MOI, Governors and other authorities as requested by area coordination;
- Liaise and communicate with other ACTED bases as needed;
- Initiate information-gathering meetings with other actors in Ibb/AlDhalee/Taizz area as requested by area and country coordination;
- Represents ACTED Ibb on donor meetings in absence of the Area Coordinator and Program Officer;
- Responsible for obtaining movement and program implementation clearances from local authorities at governorate.
1. Acts as Security Focal Point for security guards: Authorize change of shifts, verify attendances/absences of security personnel and record; conducting physical security inspections of facilities/WHs and vehicles, if possible background checks, and entry control;
2. Contribute to the development, implementation, and evaluation of the effectiveness of the security and movement plan (s);
3. Provide assistance to the SLO in evaluating the level of risk and assessing the existing security measures for the staff, team’s movements, premises, partners and persons of concern and advise on security deficiencies.
4. Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to effectively disseminate safety and security information and updates of the security situation; Ensure a regular safety and security and established standards and procedures are followed;
5. Liaise with administration and logistics offices vehicle movements and ensure full security information received and/or provided when starting/finishing the daily period of duty; Undertake reviews of the team’s/vehicles safety and security procedures: follow up movements of teams and report any incident
6. Provide support to the supervisor in investigations, in-depth incident reports and security assessments of the region or individually as requested; Conduct field trips to support staff in the field at short notice whenever requested.
7. Ensuring that all ACTED offices are compliant; Providing support in assessing the security situation at the duty station, including assessing threats related to ACTED staff safety, and prepare security reports; Report all cases where staff members have been victims of conventional crimes;
8. Coordinate 24 hours’ response to all security related incidents involving ACTED staff and eligible dependents;
- Chair internal meetings and pass note and output of meeting & requirements of the base to area office on time;
- Maintains strong communication with departments and area office in terms of management, and implementation of system, procedures and programs;
- Assist in the recruitment process of base-level staff as needed;
- Supervise staff, as required and requested;
- Acts as an authorized signatory, as required and requested;
- Perform other related duties, as required.
- Responsible for sending security, cluster and institutional relations updates to Security and Liaison officer, Area coordination, Program Officer and Capital Security Focal Point (for security updates.
- University degree in a related specialization is required.
- At least two years of experience in a similar position, preferably with an INGO;
- Report and clarify any security work-related issues and challenges to a supervisor(s) in a timely manner;
- Respect time including work, meetings, deadlines, and other reasonable requests;
- Maintain a good team spirit amongst staff and colleagues;
- Carry out any other tasks as reasonably assigned by management; and,
- Consider safety and security in the field, and immediately report all incidents to Security and Liaison officer, Area Coordination and Capital Security Focal Point.
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Security and Liaison Assistant-Ibb.
- Candidates must rename CV: (First & Surname + Security and Liaison Assistant-Ibb)
- The closing date for applications is on Monday 14 January, 2019.
- Candidates from IBB are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification