Economic Security Generalist This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Economic Security Generalist
Contract type : Open Ended
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Marib
Announcement date : 29 April 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Economic Security (EcoSec) Delegate, the Economic Security Generalist 2 carries out field and office work related to implementing and monitoring the ICRC’s EcoSec programme in Marib Governorate. Specifically, he/she contributes to the success of emergency relief and early livelihood recovery programmes.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Is aware of the socio-economic, cultural, political and sound understanding of humanitarian situation in Marib governorate
- Understands the sustainable livelihoods framework, Economic Security core components and its approach as well as objectives in supporting people affected by armed conflict and other situation of violence
- Ability to explain the ICRC principles, mandate and activities to interlocutors and beneficiaries in his/her area of responsibility (AoR)
- Supports the preparation and implementation of both cash and in-kind relief programmes and can contribute to each step of the project cycle Supports the preparation and implementation of each step of the project management cycle for the livelihood support programme (LSP).
- In collaboration with the EcoSec Delegate, participates actively in the planning of all EcoSec activities in Marib governorate
- Ensures a timely and accurate follow-up of planned activities
- Immediately reports any problems or delays in the implementation of the programme or the projects to the Ecosec delegate
- Provides verbal and written reports after field visits
- Provides guidance to daily workers and YRCS volunteers, both in the office and in the field
- Enters data into the device magic surveys, excel databases and keep records of beneficiaries up to date
- Contributes to the Weekly Operational Report and EcoSec Quarterly Report and provides statistics or other reports when required
- Translates with accuracy in any given situation (English to Arabic and verse verser)
- University degree or professional diploma preferably in agriculture (agronomy, livestock), agricultural economics, business administration
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills
- Good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- Good analytical skills
Professional Experience Required
- 2 - 3 years’ work experience in a similar field
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل