Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Driver
Organizational Unit : Procurement and Logistics Unit
Duty Station : Yemen , Sana’a
IOM Classification : G-2
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract,
6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2018/052
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Tuesday 15, January 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Working under the overall supervision of the Logistics Officer and the direct supervision of the Logistics Assistant (Transportation), the incumbent, will be responsible for the following duties. In particular, she/he will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide transportation for IOM staff as required.
2. Ensure adequate level of fuel and minimum running conditions of the vehicle.
3. Day to day maintenance and cleaning of the vehicle, checking oil, water, battery, tyre pressure and attendance to routine repairs.
4. Delivering of letters / mail / packages on behalf of IOM as requested.
5. Operate and maintain emergency communication equipment’s (VHF/UHF radios) in vehicle and ensure the accurate equipment and emergency supplies are always in the vehicle.
6. Maintain vehicle log book by daily recording vehicle movements, fuel consumption and mileage done. Alerting supervisors of any repairs done to vehicle.
7. Behave properly with staff members and assists them in entering and leaving the vehicle. May assist with baggage handling and with umbrella in foul weather. (Note: In high risk assignments, the security driver is required to remain behind the wheel at all times, and others on the protection detail open doors, handle luggage and umbrellas, etc.)
8. Obey all traffic laws and limits
9. Respond to medical emergencies occurring to passengers en route
10. Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials. Assign any other task by supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
□ A minimum of advanced level education is required; Valid Heavy & Light Vehicle Driver’s License;
□ Minimum five years relevant work experience; preferably in a humanitarian agency;
□ Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations
English and Arabic Required Competencies Accountability
□ Accepts and gives constructive criticism
□ Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
□ Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
□ Monitors own work to correct errors
□ Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
□ Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
□ Contributes to colleagues' learning
□ Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
□ Actively shares relevant information
□ Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
□ Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
□ Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
□ Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
□ Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
□ Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
□ Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
□ Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
□ Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
□ Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
□ Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
□ Contributes to, and follows team objectives
□ Gives credit where credit is due
□ Seeks input and feedback from others
□ Actively supports and implements final group decisions
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com indicating position applied on subject line by Tuesday 15, January 2019
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, with a subject line
SVN2018/052 Sana’a. Driver G2
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Posting period: From 02.Jan.2019 to 15.Jan.2019